Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Cut the Nylon Shell on My Tube :(

Default Cut the Nylon Shell on My Tube :(

So I guess dragging my tube over a sharp rock... not a good idea. I put a very good sized slice into the nylon. Anyone have any suggestions on how to patch this up? The bladder is fine.

Go to any marine store and buy some inflatable patch or contact the maker of you tube for their patch kit. It should be a pretty easy fix with the right stuff.

All the patch kits I've seen were for bladder repair. Any idea if you can use that for the nylon covering?

nylon patch kit

Parachute supply shops and I'd bet many places online offer something similar to duct tape only with better adhesive and the covering is nylon ripstop. On amazon I see kite repair to sail repair kits as well. Go for someting with the heavier applications like sail and stay away from the kite repair stuff.

My .02. Take the inner tube out. Singe the frayed area where it got sliced with a match or lighter. Sew up the opening with heavy duty thread and aquaseal it liberally on both sides. Once dry, place a nylon/cordura patch (go the fabric store or possibly a wader repair kit depending upon the size of the hole) over the affected area using aquaseal. Make sure that you patch both the inside and the outside of the nylon. Aquaseal can be purchased at REI, Sport Chalet (maybe) or of course the internet. Hope this helps.