Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: help with some info in a eastern sierras trip

its almost time.. any1 else have some advice for me?

Default Jared and Parchers

I third what Nessie said (his info BTW is top notch)

Jared is a great host ... has done a superb job on the ole Team 57 events ... is a great guide - knows his stuff and very pleasant to fish with also. I'll be hookin up with him for another guide trip as soon as I'm healthy enough ... and if there's any water left in the lake (lol). Don't miss the point suggested about the fall colors. I've seen so many photographers us there (especially on the road to North and also to South) that you can barely drive. Even if you're not going to fish ... take a detour off 395 and do some sightseeing?

Have thoroughly enjoyed a nice family pontoon cruise around Lower Twin ... even got an occasional disturbance on the end of the line trolling. Gorgeous sightseeing.

Quote Originally Posted by angelsfan951 View Post
    does any1 know of a book or map that has rivers that are fishable on the way up to bishop? i see alot of people say they fished this river and that 1 but a book o map that shows you the route would be great
    The Auto Club has a map of the Eastern Sierra that will show the creeks and lakes along Hwy 395 from Lone Pine to Bridgeport. Check the Calif Dept of Fish and Game website for the fish plant schedule, too. There is a pond at the Whitney Portal trailhead that is stocked well, usually, but gets little fishing pressure.

What a lot of people have said about Parcher's is true. I've never stayed there (I have cabin access by Lake Sabrina) but Jared is cool, as is his staff there, and are knowledgeable in addition. I stop by the Resort to buy a soda or candy and rent boats on South Lake. Cardinal Resort on the Middle Fork of Bishop Creek is another good place to stay. It's on the creek and close to North Lake and Sabrina.

Quote Originally Posted by fish'n fool View Post
    The Auto Club has a map of the Eastern Sierra that will show the creeks and lakes along Hwy 395 from Lone Pine to Bridgeport. Check the Calif Dept of Fish and Game website for the fish plant schedule, too. There is a pond at the Whitney Portal trailhead that is stocked well, usually, but gets little fishing pressure.

What a lot of people have said about Parcher's is true. I've never stayed there (I have cabin access by Lake Sabrina) but Jared is cool, as is his staff there, and are knowledgeable in addition. I stop by the Resort to buy a soda or candy and rent boats on South Lake. Cardinal Resort on the Middle Fork of Bishop Creek is another good place to stay. It's on the creek and close to North Lake and Sabrina.
    thanx for the info i will be going to their location tom. and i will check out that other resort.

Where are you actually going? Bishop? Mammoth?

Quote Originally Posted by IncredibleHuck View Post
    Where are you actually going? Bishop? Mammoth?
    hmm looks like ill be making reservations to stay at parchers if everything goes as planed ... so bishop i believe??? and then from there i want to explore since its my first time going up there

PM sent. Parcher's is starting at the top!

I'd get off the pot and make some reservations then cause Parchers is probably not going to have a lot left. That's fall colors time and not only fisherman go up there you'll be up there with leafer's!

Quote Originally Posted by sandtrout View Post
    PM sent. Parcher's is starting at the top!
    thanks for the great info i trully apreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by seal View Post
    I'd get off the pot and make some reservations then cause Parchers is probably not going to have a lot left. That's fall colors time and not only fisherman go up there you'll be up there with leafer's!
    yeah definetly agree with u lots of reservations already i called today

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast