Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: help with some info in a eastern sierras trip

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default help with some info in a eastern sierras trip

well for my b-day which is sep 28 i want to take some time and go up north for my first time ever. I was just wondering what places do u recommend to stay at and what is closes to lakes or rivers. I plan on going fri-sun so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible so i won't be clueless up there. I do see the sponsor on here but how close are the lakes from there? also any other resorts around there that you guys might recommend. Well plz if some1 can help me out i would truly appreciate it as i want to make reservations soon that way by the time I'm up their its all payed for. Thanx in advance, also I'm not looking for ur secret spots or anything like that just some friendly info from all u guys that go up there often.

Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.
    thanx for the info ill add that place to my list and will do some research... any 1 else have some info for me??

Parcher's is a sweet spot if it is within our budget....good creek fishing well within walking distance of your cabin (salmon egg w/ a bb split shot slays), South Lake has been the best producer of big fish from what I was reading and is only a 5 minute drive up the hill. Try Boiler Cover right below the 2nd parking lot with standard methods if shore fishing and you should hook up. North Lake, Intake II, Lake Sabrina as well the entire Bishop Creek drainage are all within 10-20 minutes. The Fall colors will be great, bring a camera and post up your results! GL

TD

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Parcher's is a sweet spot if it is within our budget....good creek fishing well within walking distance of your cabin (salmon egg w/ a bb split shot slays), South Lake has been the best producer of big fish from what I was reading and is only a 5 minute drive up the hill. Try Boiler Cover right below the 2nd parking lot with standard methods if shore fishing and you should hook up. North Lake, Intake II, Lake Sabrina as well the entire Bishop Creek drainage are all within 10-20 minutes. The Fall colors will be great, bring a camera and post up your results! GL

TD
    thanx for the info and i will definitely be taking a camera as i just got a new cannon T3 for fathers day :) and i will definitely be posting up a report after.. any1 else has some info for me??

Parchersis a good choice. Mammoth would be excellent also, 6 different lakes all withen a 10 minute drive.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    We are leaving for our annual trip to Twin Lakes next Friday. 9 days of Sierra bliss, ya baby! This is the recommendation I was going to give as well. Personally, I like the upper end of the lower lake by the old boat slips that they took out a couple of years ago. Buckeye creek out of Doc & Al's is great, as well as Robinson creek. The Walker river is a good bet for fish as well...