Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing  The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Salamander Sinkers  ;Pete Marino Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: help with some info in a eastern sierras trip

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    riverside
    Posts
    547

    Default help with some info in a eastern sierras trip

    well for my b-day which is sep 28 i want to take some time and go up north for my first time ever. I was just wondering what places do u recommend to stay at and what is closes to lakes or rivers. I plan on going fri-sun so I'm trying to gather as much info as possible so i won't be clueless up there. I do see the sponsor on here but how close are the lakes from there? also any other resorts around there that you guys might recommend. Well plz if some1 can help me out i would truly appreciate it as i want to make reservations soon that way by the time I'm up their its all payed for. Thanx in advance, also I'm not looking for ur secret spots or anything like that just some friendly info from all u guys that go up there often.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    North OC
    Posts
    1,599

    Default

    Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    riverside
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.
    thanx for the info ill add that place to my list and will do some research... any 1 else have some info for me??

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Murrieta
    Posts
    3,788

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Me and my dad go up and fish upper and lower Twin Lakes in Bridgeport and stay at the East Walker River Lodge. It is right on the river and great fishing. The drive to Twin Lakes is about a 20 minute drive but Bridgeport reservoir is pretty close although I prefer Upper Twin lake because I have caught lots of browns out of there. The rooms are nothing special but they are clean and comfortable.
    We are leaving for our annual trip to Twin Lakes next Friday. 9 days of Sierra bliss, ya baby! This is the recommendation I was going to give as well. Personally, I like the upper end of the lower lake by the old boat slips that they took out a couple of years ago. Buckeye creek out of Doc & Al's is great, as well as Robinson creek. The Walker river is a good bet for fish as well...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    San Fernando Valley
    Posts
    9,753

    Default

    Parcher's is a sweet spot if it is within our budget....good creek fishing well within walking distance of your cabin (salmon egg w/ a bb split shot slays), South Lake has been the best producer of big fish from what I was reading and is only a 5 minute drive up the hill. Try Boiler Cover right below the 2nd parking lot with standard methods if shore fishing and you should hook up. North Lake, Intake II, Lake Sabrina as well the entire Bishop Creek drainage are all within 10-20 minutes. The Fall colors will be great, bring a camera and post up your results! GL


    TD

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    riverside
    Posts
    547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Parcher's is a sweet spot if it is within our budget....good creek fishing well within walking distance of your cabin (salmon egg w/ a bb split shot slays), South Lake has been the best producer of big fish from what I was reading and is only a 5 minute drive up the hill. Try Boiler Cover right below the 2nd parking lot with standard methods if shore fishing and you should hook up. North Lake, Intake II, Lake Sabrina as well the entire Bishop Creek drainage are all within 10-20 minutes. The Fall colors will be great, bring a camera and post up your results! GL


    TD
    thanx for the info and i will definitely be taking a camera as i just got a new cannon T3 for fathers day :) and i will definitely be posting up a report after.. any1 else has some info for me??

  7. #7

    Default

    Parchersis a good choice. Mammoth would be excellent also, 6 different lakes all withen a 10 minute drive.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Hesperia, Ca
    Posts
    10,767

    Default

    For the true Eastern Sierra experience.. Parchers, hands down..
    Smitty (Jared) will give you all the info in his Expert bag of tricks (He is the Man)..
    Camping, RV's, Cabins, Store, Restaurant, Lakes, Streams (Large & Small), Mountains!!!!
    It doesnt get any better.......



    .

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Ca. Coast
    Posts
    1,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nessie Hunter View Post
    For the true Eastern Sierra experience.. Parchers, hands down..
    Smitty (Jared) will give you all the info in his Expert bag of tricks (He is the Man)..
    Camping, RV's, Cabins, Store, Restaurant, Lakes, Streams (Large & Small), Mountains!!!!
    It doesnt get any better.......



    .
    Yep I second Nessie's call.

    Jared is the best host. The Parchers resort gives you the feel of going back in time. No wall to wall aluminum campers and motorhomes here. Just great rustic cabins, fire rings, big trees and the creek running right along side.
    I got my wife up there last year for the Fall Colors and she couldn't believe we were still in Calif. She even caught her first ever limit of trout. See Photo.

    That's Jared aka Sierra Smitty on the left being the nice guy he is to take a moment to pose with my wife.


    Anytime is a great time up there, but if you time it right the Fall colors are the best time and the fishing just as great.


    Good luck and Say Hi to Jared for me if you go there.
    WWO aka Bill

  10. #10

    Default

    I grew up learning how to fish at Parchers starting in 1955. It was great then and except for a short term poor owner, it has remained great. Newer cabins, indoor toilets, and real refrigerators. However, that's not a bad thing. Better than having to walk to the toilets in the middle of the night or use the honeypots. Still great fishing and some bigger fish.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •