Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Pudd 6/14 AM

Default Pudd 6/14 AM

Got on the water at 630 and worked my way around the usual spots. Today's bite was a lot different then two days ago, I was throw the same things as I was on Tuesday but wasn't having any luck. Around 9 I decided to change things up, boy was that the right choice. Within the first 5 cast I get hit pretty good, set the hook and missed but I set the hook so hard it made my bait rip forward like a fleeing bait fish and he slams it again and I set the hook. He pulled a good amount of line and as I'm gaining line on him i feel him starting to go straight up for a jump, he gives me a huge jump and slash and another one with a good head shake and dives one more time with countless underwater head shakes. By this time im really nervous about losing him so I grab the net and he flashes me so I just shovel the net into the water and net him right before another dive. He wasn't as big as I hoped but he was a fighter so no complaints. Put him on the scale and he turned out to be 5.4, took a few photos and back in the water he went. Worked the same cove for another 30 mins and got a chunky 3 and a few smaller fish. The sun was starting to burn me so I headed in.

Water temp: 75-77
    Clarity: 5'
    Wind: 6-11 mph
    Conditions: Overcast
    Last edited by allIdoIsfish; 06-14-2012 at 05:39 PM.

That bass is thick! Way to get em as usual!

Football!

Smoov

How crowded is the lake during the week?

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    How crowded is the lake during the week?
    During the summer there's a lot more. I would say 10+ boats, which I think is a lot for that small lake. Everyone would be fishing the same spots

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    Football!

Smoov
    Yeah he's been eating good, he had a good set of teeth on him too. Gave me pretty bad bass thumb