Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: need help for Big Bear

Hi Bob , just being lazy on posting I quess . BBL was totally early limits for the first 8 weeks but now its got tougher , but there still there and the trout gotta eat , ha The heavy boat traffic [ skiers ] arent really a problem this year maybe because of the economy ? We lost our good big holdover trout from DVL so Iam getting my fix from BBL [ RED MEATED FISH ]. Anyone feel free to PM me for more info , theres more fish then I'll ever catch there and not a secret but Iam a troller and I see these guys anchored up and fishing in spots that are worth noting . See you at the DVL Bob // steve

Hey Steve, nice to see your BBL posts! I'll be up the weekend before July 4th w/ Father-in-Law and his new pontoon boat - so we'll be trolling for trout. I'm guessing we'll actually drift in the typical trout areas - drifting has been more productive for us when in a boat - haven't been able to dial-in the trolling.

If the winds keep up this coming weeking I'll try for trout on the fly from the tube - and we'll see if I get lucky.

Cheers,

Eric

Hi Eric , the drifting for trout seem to work for alot of guys around me between boulder and metcalf bays towards the center of lk. I see the people fighting there fish with a bobber attached , a good area is the white bouy right in front of the west public ramp but last sat. it was right in front of the old grays landing closer to shore , good luck , fishing from a new pontoon , gotta love that leg room .

want to take the pontoon up there eventually too
    -bb
    Last edited by blackberg; 06-21-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12