Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Silverwood 6-12-12

Default Silverwood 6-12-12

First report in a long time, havent been on Fnn for a while. Headed up to silverwood Tuesday. Fished till 3pm or so for a big fat skunk. Saw plenty of bass to know I'm doin something wrong for sure. Threw cranks, jigs, senkos, spinnerbaits, all for no love. I can't seem to figure this lake out for the the life of me. If anyone wants to go fishing I plan on going back up on Tues or Weds. I got plenty of room on the boat. Hopin to get someone to shed a little light on what the hell I'm doin wrong.

Hey Chris, Nice to see your out fishing and back on FNN. We fished the duct many moons ago...... I have Mon-Tues off....... would be cool to fish Silverwood.... I'm still a novice...... but I have seen some guys pull some nice stripers out of there trolling....... not mine though!! .... Good luck with the LMB.... I'm sure you will find them! Tight Lines, Mike

Quote Originally Posted by Astrolux View Post
    First report in a long time, havent been on Fnn for a while. Headed up to silverwood Tuesday. Fished till 3pm or so for a big fat skunk. Saw plenty of bass to know I'm doin something wrong for sure. Threw cranks, jigs, senkos, spinnerbaits, all for no love. I can't seem to figure this lake out for the the life of me. If anyone wants to go fishing I plan on going back up on Tues or Weds. I got plenty of room on the boat. Hopin to get someone to shed a little light on what the hell I'm doin wrong.
    Hey, have you tried the drop shot technique.. That's usually the ticket. I thought silverwood sucked, but now my favorite lake.. Would live to join ya, but I work during the week. Right now throw hologram shad colors, seems to work good, or something with a blue/ green.. Good luck

If you figure it out, PLEASE let me know... LOL Its killing me..

Topwater is picking up last couple hours of the day on spooks, LMB's and smaller stripers. Tons of small fry in the water they need to grow a bit, another month topwater should be killer, but it's a little tough right now.

Also had a little action on the frog couple days ago.

Never had a whole lot of luck with the drop shot. I got some margarita mutilator and oxblood robo's. I'll have to try it out this Tuesday. 6 pound test should do it right?? Thanks for the input adiablo420

@seal I definitely noticed all the big balls of fry last week. Everytime I came across one there was at least one or two bass just chilling with them. My guess was they were protecting the hatch. Just seemed like they weren't interested in anything. I had a couple of followers on a spinnerbait but nothing willing to commit.