Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: PUDDINGSTONE 06 13 2012 TENKARA QUAD SPECIES on 1 FLY

Default PUDDINGSTONE 06 13 2012 TENKARA QUAD SPECIES on 1 FLY

Arrive to some June Gloom weather conditions at the Pudd. My usual walk in from the park n ride to the Swim Beach Cove. Saw fish rising near the shore line and got many crappie takes. Always amazing when you can get crappie to hit a fly on the surface. I continued my casting along the shore under the branches and fish ( mainly crappie ) kept taking my dark hare's ear #16 black plastic bead. I moved to the Sewer man hole cover point and got many crappie along the weeds and under a shadow casting tree. Sun started to peak out so i move to the Rails and worked from left to right and managed to pull some Nest Hugging Bluegills nice hand size ones. Worked the right side along the weeds and got more reds and blues but most just palm sized. Hooked some aggressive juvenile LMB ( 5 inch range). then moved to the honey hole and worked a BLACK SHADE area... so much action on the surface as i dragged slowly the hares ear on a high stick retrieve. Some of the crappie would even leave the water ( reminded me of the lytle creek trout antics ). Then i worked the other shade under the tall Pine and got some nice splashes and hook ups on some larger blue gills and crappies. Then i headed over to the tall pier. Worked the fly near the shore under the tree and saw some nice reds chasing my fly with only 1 hook up . Move along the shore to the under hanging branches and spotted some LMB's and reds hanging on the rock edge. After some well place gentle side arm casts over the road and down to the rocks's edge got the 8 inch LMB to take a surface shaking fly skating on the surface. I decided to walk back to retrace my original path back to the swim beach. Arrived to the swim beach cove the small area of water still present between the bridge and the Cat Tails. Saw some wakes as the Magpie's flying over the water. One cast to the dark shadow and hook up. Cant believe catching a hand sized redear in the back cove. then i worked the south facing shore line. Crappie hits all along the edge of the weed line and some reds. Left at 1120 am ...

Another great day at the PUDD.

<"((((((><

Thanks for the detailed report! Nice to hear the redears were biting again.

Nice work at the pudd!

You're making me jealous! Nice Pudding!

Nice report,how bad are the weeds by now out there?

weeds are just starting to appear in some areas.. and the green algae also.... they have let water out of the Pudd but still higher than years past at this time