Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: im a little confused...

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_Magnone View Post
    i guess i should have been more specific about what i was getting at with the lack of boaters on the water. i completely understand about the sign of times. very valid points. it sucks and is a reality.

prior to the lake turning over, literally a month or two ago, it wasnt uncommon for me to see the lot up to 3/4 of the way full all week long. with the combination of boaters and shore beaters. its understandable that the turnover had pushed people away due to the inhospitable fishing conditions and increased amount of cleanup after the fact. it was a mess flat out. since the algae started to break and the water returned to normal, its as if the majority of people said F that; im over it.

while it makes it a blessing for me actually be able to work a stretch of bank without someone blocking or studying me. i just wanted to help get the word out that the fishing's at its best for the year. i want you guys to catch fish, i wanna help you in any way possible. yes, i work in the industry and yes the amount of people visiting the lake on a daily basis influences the revenue we generate but while it should be #1 on my mind; its not. im simply trying to spread the word through video and pictures that "hey, its the absolute best possible time to plan a trip to the lake!"

this is the time to take your kids, grandparents, brothers, sisters, dads and mothers. bite is both easy if you want to catch numbers and fair if you want to catch giants.

thanks for the kind words and good to hear your individual views!

'll stop haha.
    +100
    I took my boys out there today with T/O...It was quiet as a cemetary. Except for us....We limited out on mr. stripey. I'm sure Bob will post a report later on about our day. nuff said...

Beating a dead horse - that's great! Most of us REALLY appreciate your candor and advice. Keep it up. I'm still trying to figure out how you guys are catching all those topwater, spinner bait & crank fish. Threw a topwater for a solid hour last thurs when it was overcast most of the morning and had 1 small fish. Threw a blade after the breeze picked up for nada. We caught a lot of fish on worms, mostly drop shot. Week before it was mostly shakey heads & Tx rig.

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    Hit up DVL with Mark ( fishboy 12 ) we had a 40 fish day. others @ the dock had only caught 2.. i dont get it..
    Steve, your a pro and you know what works! I'm gonna hit you up to help me!!! I want 40+ fish days at DVL!

Quote Originally Posted by Sublime-Steve View Post
    Hit up DVL with Mark ( fishboy 12 ) we had a 40 fish day. others @ the dock had only caught 2.. i dont get it..
    Ha, you got it all wrong dude, you did get it, they didn't :0)

I went out to DVL Monday early and again nobody there. I went across the lake to the south side and got my top water rig out and caught 24 fish on different top water baits, I was experimenting to see what worked best, they all caught fish. I think you could of thrown a cigarette butt out there and caught fish, they were just on any top water bait no matter what it was. I threw a buzz bait and a spinner bait to no avail. I went to the west damn and threw sinkos and caught some really nice bass in the rocks. I also threw a crank bait and caught some nice fish as well. I see what Matt means when he says be ready for anything because every time I go to that lake it changes as far as the bite goes. One time spinner baits work and then they don't on the next trip. I guess that is what I like about that lake. My boat gets kind of congested with all the different rods but that is what it takes to catch fish out there, lots of different presentations. Thanks again Matt for all the great information.

Those greens and the big single are awesome--I wish I had the fish'n skills that you have!!! I haven't been to the lake due to the surly employee attitude and the overall bad vibes that permeate dvl. I will make it out to Last Chance tho!!!

thanks man i appreciate it. time on the water is the key for sure. dont let all the knuckleheads turn you off. think about it, you only see them when you launch and when you put her on the trailer. hit me up if you need any intel on the lake. im always willing to shoot a few minutes to help anyone out.

Matt, check your pm if you want to do lake SM this summer.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123