Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: im a little confused...

Default im a little confused...

what the hell is going on? a wednesday and there was maybe 6 or 8 bass boats on the lake today. absolutely ridiculous. someones spreading some bad info around or something.the lake isnt covered in algae, the lake is not dirty, the fish didnt die. visibility is 0-15' in some places with an awesome tint to the water. were getting wind every day starting around 12am. wind in combination with off colored water is allowing up to fish stuff we're not used to fishing. the fish are shallow and they're hungry.

dvl is absolutely balls to the walls right now! you can literally fish reaction baits from sun up to sun down and never have to pick up a worm rod. its the best bite of the year. off colored water AND wind!!! i sorta avoid showing pictures of fish as opposed to instructional videos because there's always someone that stirs the crap. in all honesty, everyday ive been out this past week ive had fish to 8 pounds. the lake is cranking. all you gotta do is pick your confidence baits and throw them all day long. dont try new things. stick to the basics in the basic colors and you WILL catch fish. fish are eating bass, bluegill, silversides, sculpin and crawdads. what more can we ask for!?

jig, blade, cranks and topwater. be versatile and fish in the moment!

leave everything else at home.

good luck guys. if you guys need help on the bite. dont hesitate to ask. i'll see what i can do.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass.jpg 
Views:	738 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	35690
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bass1.jpg 
Views:	644 
Size:	48.6 KB 
ID:	35691

As Cheif Brody said in Jaws....... I think you're gonna need a bigger boat. Nice haul Matt

Hey, Matt! I'm more than just a little confused! I was out with my wife on Monday and we both got skunked! We managed to hook and lose a couple of fish but had a good time anyway. I was throwing wacky Senkos and topwater stuff but no luck. I'm fairly new to DVL after being locked into Casitas for 3 years (inspections, quarantines and other b.s.). Any suggestions on where to look for the LMB and learn the lake? Thanks, Matt.

Default DVL Today

Quote Originally Posted by P.A.W. View Post
    As Cheif Brody said in Jaws....... I think you're gonna need a bigger boat. Nice haul Matt
    SHHHHHHHH..We all know where You work Matt and we "all" certainly appreciate the help that youve given many of us, whether online here
    or at the Shop. That said, why on earth would anyone want a crowded lake to fish? Im going tomorrow and I hope that mine is the only
    trailer in the parking lot. Nothing like rolling up and your favorite spot(s) only to find someone else already there. Ya ya I know theres
    plenty of room for everyone on this "huge" lake (lol), but as the old saying goes "less is more".

Thanks again for all of your help. Ive found your posts and videos greatly helpful. Keep up the good work. By the way, in today's screwed up economy,
    im greatly aware of the plight of small business owners. Goodluck to Last Chance, it's a terrific store.

I need to get to DVL !

Quote Originally Posted by commish24 View Post
    SHHHHHHHH..We all know where You work Matt and we "all" certainly appreciate the help that youve given many of us, whether online here
    or at the Shop. That said, why on earth would anyone want a crowded lake to fish? Im going tomorrow and I hope that mine is the only
    trailer in the parking lot. Nothing like rolling up and your favorite spot(s) only to find someone else already there. Ya ya I know theres
    plenty of room for everyone on this "huge" lake (lol), but as the old saying goes "less is more".

Thanks again for all of your help. Ive found your posts and videos greatly helpful. Keep up the good work. By the way, in today's screwed up economy,
    im greatly aware of the plight of small business owners. Goodluck to Last Chance, it's a terrific store.
    It's not too late to learn to play well with others, commish!

Default Dvl

Quote Originally Posted by bazzfisher47 View Post

It's not too late to learn to play well with others, commish!
    LOL Just making an obvious point there "bazzfisher". I certainly didnt mean to offend anyone, especially Matt. I appreciate all of the things he does for us online and at the store. Happy Fishing.

I agree.....I don't know were everyone is fishing. All of last week there were not many bass boats. I'm not complaining, I have been fishing my spots with no one around. Seems like I hve the whole entire lake to myself. I went this morning and got some good ones too......

Quote Originally Posted by FrazeIb1 View Post
    I agree.....I don't know were everyone is fishing...

Coronado islands :)

First, nice pigs Matt...

6-8 bass boats? That's more than Tuesday.

1)It's a sign of the times bro. Far too many people out of work and no extra money to spend. We are lucky to live near 3 great lakes. For most, they have to drive a distance and spend money for gas, fuel for the boat, fishing gear and supplies, food, and drink. Then add license and entry fees, launch fees, etc. etc. It's very sad. I feel for the marina folks. Many have the mistaken idea that MWD runs the show. They don't, as a private concessionaire, they (the marina folks) have to pay for a lease, the employees, boat maintenance, gas, liability insurance, workers comp, etc. etc. This has to be kill'n them, and I'm sure Last Chance is taking a hit as well.

2) Many who can still afford to fish might still be under the mistaken impression that the algae bloom is still occurring. We both know it's not, and in fact, the fishing is better than it has been in some time. This lake truly is on fire. Ha, my shoulder, elbow, and wrist are still sore from Tuesday and I fish every week, sometimes more than once. For those of you who are reading this and are still able to get out there, do so. It's that good right now. Lol, I'm shooting myself in the foot, because like commish, I really enjoy the solitude and lack of pressure on the fish. But I'm savvy enough to know that in order for us to have this opportunity, on this lake, the marina folks and small private businesses like Last Chance and Blue Water that keep us anglers supplied, must stay alive. So go show your support and stick some fish in our local lakes. Trust me, if you know the patterns and use the correct techniques, you are in for a great time. If you need help in figuring this lake out, see Matt, he's got a vast knowledge base of this lake that will help put you on the fish. Or, if you can afford it, hire a guide like Pete Marino or Trout Only (Stripers). We can't afford to lose anymore private small businesses. Go fish...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast