Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: River fish pics - Pre Memorial Day 2012

Default River fish pics - Pre Memorial Day 2012

Went to the river house Tuesday and left Sat morning after the throngs showed up. Fishing was pretty decent the first few days then Friday MONSTER winds blew all day long so I stayed in. Fished an hour Sat morning, caught 2 and called it a week. Most caught on BPS brown Curly tail grubs on white 1/4 ounce spinner jig off of cover, and a decent amount on my favorite 1/4 oz square bill crank bait. They came from deep cover more often than not for that one.

Over all about 30 fish in 8 hours fishing spread out over 3 days. Pics are of the best of course.

This was the 12 pounder but the camera was on the wrong setting and I threw it back before checking if the pic came out... ;-)

Nice LMB. 2.57 lbs

Hooked a little deep on the crank bait. He SLAMMED IT. Should be fine though

Biggest SMB of the week. 2.2 lbs

Pretty good trip. Too bad I had to leave early Sat as the weather was 80 degrees and very calm. Just too many people to have a good time fishing and all of the traffic spooked the fish.

Nice job on the fish you do any striper fishing there.

Quote Originally Posted by drifter023 View Post
    Nice job on the fish you do any striper fishing there.
    No striper that far south. I caught a 1/4 pounder once about 8 years ago and haven't seen another since.