Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dvl 6/11/12

Default Dvl 6/11/12

Matt at Last Chance steered me in the right direction for jig size skirts and trailers.This 7-8oz was the best out of six caught!
    tight lines everyone and thanks again Matt!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Photo108.jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	86.3 KB 
ID:	35682  

Thats a beautiful fish

Quote Originally Posted by Perris_holic View Post
    Thats a beautiful fish
    Thanx, the one in my avatar a 8-6oz last month same moon phase to the day

very good job on that fish man! im so stoked for you! time on the water and confidence is paramount. stay with the fish and undestand where they move and how they position.

man. i thought the algae was so bad you couldnt get a 1oz sinker through it! i thought that it was so bad every bait you throw gets cover with goo!

the bite is friggen wide right now and nobodies out there. get off the computer and stick some fish guys!!! big fish are showing and the smaller 1-3 pound fish are fun in between fish.

Nice job out there man. We were out there today, Matt's right, the place is wide open and it's a ghost lake. Ha, I even blew up yet another blade today. The fish chewed up 4 bags of Yamamoto dt grubs as well. We didn't find the pigs today but we boated 23 with the heaviest a little over 4lbs. Most fish were in the 2-3lb range. We had a bazillion short strikes and had about 10 apiece come unbuttoned. These fish are chew'n hard. Where is everyone?
    Last edited by HawgZWylde; 06-13-2012 at 07:24 AM.

no kiddin. the blade bites off the charts. i blasted a blade the other day. im gonna have to come out with my own line of blades that have a heavier gauge wire or something. i could never stand blade wires opening up on me. absolutely a friggen headache! you sound like you're on the same exact bite im on. day before yesterday i showed up and probably whacked 60 fish in two sessions. 6am to 9am then 3pm to 6:45pm. way fun with nobody in sight!

Has anyone tried the Doctor Spinnerbait? they are kind of spendy but well worth the price. They come with a set of lager blades and rattles and trailer hooks. I caught a six on the south side of the lake on one and it did bend the wire frame, a pair of pliers took care of the problem and I was back in the water is seconds. Tackle Warehouse is the only one selling them in this area.

[QUOTE=HawgZWylde;611955]Nice job out there man. We were out there today, Matt's right, the place is wide open and it's a ghost lake. Ha, I even blew up yet another blade today. The fish chewed up 4 bags of Yamamoto dt grubs as well......

heah HawgZW. I been readin' your reports you and Matt are just slayin' em on the spinners.....I stayed with the jig and Yamamoto dt grubs and skirts, Ihad several come unbuttoned aswell then started to reaffirm the hookset acouple times after the initial hookset and that's what put in the boat.I'll be stayin' with jig alot this summer hope it pays off in DD's
    Last edited by JVEE; 06-13-2012 at 03:14 PM.

Nice job out there JVEE! Matt's the man, hard to believe the info he offers up doesn't cost a dime!!!!!
    Once again, way to hang the big girl!

Thanx for the report!