Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Goon Crankin'

Default Goon Crankin'

Packed light and hit the Goon up on SAT evening. Line in @ 845pm. First fish-- 15 minutes later. Second fish-- 10 minutes after. Both solid 15 to 16 inch fish. I thought the lake would be crowded with shore anglers but there werent that many. Saw many tubers out there on sweet spots. Water levels are coming down based on my last visit there a few weeks ago.

I swithced to a LC Pointer 100 (May Salmon) for my last 15 minutes. I started my countdown for my last 10 casts and got hit hard......Im thinking I hooked into a monster based on the fight. But, after gettin' him in, it just turned out he had alot of heart (pic below).

Left the lake at 1030pm.

Smoov

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goonjune12.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	35647

When I grow up, I wanta be just like you C

Quote Originally Posted by CL SmooV View Post
    Packed light and hit the Goon up on SAT evening. Line in @ 845pm. First fish-- 15 minutes later. Second fish-- 10 minutes after. Both solid 15 to 16 inch fish. I thought the lake would be crowded with shore anglers but there werent that many. Saw many tubers out there on sweet spots. Water levels are coming down based on my last visit there a few weeks ago.

I swithced to a LC Pointer 100 (May Salmon) for my last 15 minutes. I started my countdown for my last 10 casts and got hit hard......Im thinking I hooked into a monster based on the fight. But, after gettin' him in, it just turned out he had alot of heart (pic below).

Left the lake at 1030pm.

Smoov

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	goonjune12.jpg 
Views:	192 
Size:	6.9 KB 
ID:	35647
    Nice job up there for less than a couple of hours of fish'n CL. I love it when those little ones give a good fight, it's a sign of a healthy fishery...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny300 View Post
    When I grow up, I wanta be just like you C

Haaaa ha! You still owe me a pic of some the stuff you're hookin' out there D-gangster
    Last edited by CL SmooV; 06-11-2012 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HawgZWylde View Post
    Nice job up there for less than a couple of hours of fish'n CL. I love it when those little ones give a good fight, it's a sign of a healthy fishery...

Thanks Hawgz.....I got lucky with picking some good spots to cast. Few weeks ago I fished hard and longer for no bass, only a slab crappie. But that fish hit hard and pulled drag like a mother, felt like a 7-8 pound fish. I was impressed.

Nice catch folks! Its always to get out on the water for a few hours!

Congrats on a short but productive trip. I love it when the fish cooperate! Thanks for the report.

lay 'em down....and smack 'em yak 'em...

Nice job at chasing away the skunk...

Nice feesh : )

Congrats !
    Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    Nice catch folks! Its always to get out on the water for a few hours!
    True, and ive found that the short trips tend to be most productive for me and many others. Go figure : /

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Congrats on a short but productive trip. I love it when the fish cooperate! Thanks for the report.
    Thanks 5150-- I needed to feel thump....last time out was brutal. The Goon will have the big girls on the prowl soon. I can feel it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast