Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Castaic 6/6/12 Blown out

Default Castaic 6/6/12 Blown out

Well Fishingcrave and I decided to take a chance with the wind.Yahoo stated 10-12mph winds,but I knew it was gonna hit over 20mph.Oh well...just wanted to get some lines wet.Decided to hit Castaic from 6am-11am.Local home lake to see if we can pick at least 4 jailbirds off from the dam. Worms and fresh dines from Gallions.Hit the dam and got to chit chatting about past events,fishing storys,and boats. Within 15 minutes of Craves pole hitting the water,bendo! Fishing crave had is back towards his pole facing me and I was facing his fishing pole and the water.His pole jumps,his the ground,and almost into the water! I yell,dood your pole !!! He turns around quick,fast move,slip and fall !! Results...Ouch !

The size fish? Lol yeah you would have thought it was a 6 lb st least? Drag? I dunno..
    Stripers are pretty srtong...especially 6 lb test...lol

It was about 2 lbs. He caught one more about 1 lb and then the winds kicked it big time by 7:30am.
    Oh well right? Hard to cast,no boats aloud on the waters but it was a nice warm day on the lake so we chilled till 11am and we were off.I got the skunk. 2 fish within 50 mins.The sleeping giant is waking up!
    The 2 fish were caught on worms.....

X - Hitts

Damn Hitts, it must be nice to be able to fish mid-week. I am jealous! Bummer about the skunk and Craves knee but at least you were able to go out and fish. Thanks for the report bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 5150fishn View Post
    Damn Hitts, it must be nice to be able to fish mid-week. I am jealous! Bummer about the skunk and Craves knee but at least you were able to go out and fish. Thanks for the report bro.

Yup I gotta get out there when I can.This thru the week stuff isnt going to last very long.Thanks for the reply!

very nice Hitts. WTG. have not been there a while.

Sorry to hear about the lil mishap Sean, at least you didn't skunk out like Hitts though

Sean's new screen name should be "fishinsocks"

TD

Quote Originally Posted by koifish View Post
    very nice Hitts. WTG. have not been there a while.
    Lets roll out there and go chase some jail birds!

Quote Originally Posted by troutdog View Post
    Sorry to hear about the lil mishap Sean, at least you didn't skunk out like Hitts though

Sean's new screen name should be "fishinsocks"

TD
    The only reason why I skunked cuss I had to watch sean's poles for him..lmao !