Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: King of the Cats Saturday June 9th (Contest, night-fishing, safety and hours)

Default King of the Cats Saturday June 9th (Contest, night-fishing, safety and hours)

King of the Cats Contest Series- Contest Saturdays - NOW open until 2am!

This Saturday's the kickoff for 2012 King of the Cats series, its also the 1st night of extended hours of operation for 2012.
    Here are some important Contest/Irvine Lake Rules and Regulations for you competitors, returning fishermen and/or 1st time visitors to note/remember:

*5 fish limit NO CATCH & RELEASE on the Catfish Any contestant catching & releasing Catfish will be disqualified. Any contestant caught with over limits (5) will be disqualified. Lake recommends coming later in the afternoon so you do not go over your limit! Any non-contestant fishermen will be asked to pay for 2nd, 3rd Admission passes ($17 additional 5 fish limit). For those new to Catfishing Irvine Lake, its just as fun as in the winter for fishing the Trout!

*King of the Cats Weigh In 1am! The Lake will be open for continued fishing until 2am (on contest Saturdays only).

*All Rental Boats are due back at 1:45am

* Kids Lagoon - This area is for kids with accompanied adult and families only. No Adults w/out kids allowed. A child must be accompanied with an adult. 1 rod per person, and there is a 3 fish limit. Any contestant fishing the Kids Lagoon will be disqualified.

* 5MPH Lake Speed = Most espcially during night fishing!

* Night Fishing. Its important to be able to see and be seen at night here at Irvine Lake for SAFETY. ALL Private Boaters must have nightime running lights displayed. All Irvine Lake rental Motorboats/Pontoons will have Glow Sticks. If not, one of our Patrolmen will go around the lake passing glow sticks out before nightfall, and will also make sure private boaters have lights.

Please contact the Irvine Lake Tackleshop for any further questions 714.649.9111 xt 1 or visit www.IrvineLake.net
    Last edited by VinePatrol; 06-06-2012 at 08:59 AM. Reason: NEW Weigh-In time- 1am

Can't wait.It will be my first time there. Just one question,can I buy a second limit after I catch my first 5 or I have to buy it when I enter the lake?

Will be great being able to fish til 2 but I don't think I will enter tourny dont like being pulled off the fishing spot 2 1/2 hrs (11:30) before closing. To make weigh in will have to pull anchor at 11.30 pm I am wondering if weigh in was thought completely through. If closing is at 2:00 and weigh in is at 12: 00 for purpose of the tourny then this dosent make much sense. Seems like weghin should be closer to 1:00 - 1:30 we will be off the lake 11.30. Come on Sherriff. Just a thought lake stays open 2 hrs later weighin should be maybe 2 hrs later
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 06-05-2012 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
    Will be great being able to fish til 2 but I don't think I will enter tourny dont like being pulled off the fishing spot 2 1/2 hrs (11:30) before closing. To make weigh in will have to pull anchor at 11.30 pm I am wondering if weigh in was thought completely through. If closing is at 2:00 and weigh in is at 12: 00 for purpose of the tourny then this dosent make much sense. Seems like weghin should be closer to 1:00 - 1:30 we will be off the lake 11.30. Come on Sherriff. Just a thought lake stays open 2 hrs later weighin should be maybe 2 hrs later
    i agree with big daddy. might as well close at 12pm and weigh in at 12pm.

i agree might as well friday.But irvine is still the best.thats 2 and half hours of night fishing. how about a weigh in aT 1.30,PLEASE.PRETTY PLEASE.LOLOLOL
    Last edited by trollmiester; 06-05-2012 at 09:07 PM.

Ya, a later weigh in would be alot better. Helps when you can have your line in the water during the " witching" hour !
    Oh wait, what am I saying, I am 2000 miles away and won't be able to make it, LOL! Have fun guys and Elaine.
    But ya, I do remember wishing for a later weigh in. Just makes it harder on the employees, that much I do remember.

Quote Originally Posted by trollmiester View Post
    i agree might as well friday.But irvine is still the best.thats 2 and half hours of night fishing. how about a weigh in aT 1.30,PLEASE.PRETTY PLEASE.LOLOLOL
    I will discuss it with Jimmy and make the final weigh in by 1am. Remember that we have to shut down the shop/lake and do many other things prior to 2 am, its not as simple as locking a door and gate.

Love ya Trolly.
    Last edited by vineline; 06-06-2012 at 07:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vineline View Post
    I will discuss it with Jimmy and make the final weigh in by 1am. Remember that we have to shut down the shop/lake and do many other things prior to 2 am, its not as simple as locking a door and gate.

Love ya Trolly.
    Thank you Daniella you Truley are the best as well as the Vine. This is going to be fantastic and our feelings are not hurt because we know that you really do Love all of us the same or pretty close to the same.

At a time when finances are very tough for alot of people a little extra time at the lake is a great gesture on your part. I have talked with several people and many are struggling just to get a little extra money to go to the lake and spend some Quality time with "Family, Friends, having some Fun, and Fishing" this is what keeps most of us from just losing it at times, and you have been so generous to us for years.

You always have done the best for the Vine as well as all of your customers.

Thanks again
    Big Daddy
    Last edited by Big Daddy; 06-06-2012 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by vineline View Post

Love ya Trolly.
    thanks Daniella. we know its alot of other hard work and we love everything you guys do.

Yes Thank You Big Daddy said it best

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast