Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I went to San Antonio today for a while. 6/4

Default I went to San Antonio today for a while. 6/4

I looked at the forecast last night and it said 20% rain maybe. Thought it would be cloudy so the stripers might be up on top. No such luck. Clear and bright all morning and when the clouds finally started to cover up the sun about noon, that wind came up and blew me off the lake. No stripers but I did catch and release a few nice small mouths.

Lost the hold down lug for my down rigger so I was unable to use it today. I'll have to make one because all the parts places say it's no longer available.
    Not exactly rocketry engineering. If I'd of had a hack saw with me I could have made one out a bracket and thumb screw I had on the boat.

At least you caught. I hit up Naci on Sunday and got skunked. Really hurt my pride. But it was really hot. Hoping to get out to San Antonio end of June. Still havent been ou tthere this year.

Great job on yet another s/ton recon TOM!

Next week il be giving it a try,,,,,,,,dont know exactly when but next week for sure,,,il pm and maby we can try both ends of the lake that day and find them wherever there hiding.

Have you heard of any boils recently?

TRAIL BLAZER

I've been up there a lot the past couple weeks, and had the same results as you. I have the 16-24th off and will do at least one night trip during the week to try to catch the late and super early grey light bites.
    Last edited by taylor31; 06-05-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Seen one small boil yesterday right at the mouth of that little cove on the north shore next to the dam.
    In truth I think it was all small mouths cause that's all I caught out of it.

That is still a good sign

Nice report.

IMO though were in summer time and I wouldn't touch that downrigger till december

Coming from a guy who has never touched one, but logic dictates if the fish are up top in June???? See what I mean?

The way I see it, stripers might start the day up top but when that sun gets really bright they are gonna drop down to that 40' or so level where the light is more comfortable for them.
    That's not just speculation, I see it on my FF.
    Right now the idea is to get used to using the down rigger even if it ain't needed.
    That don't mean I'm only trolling deep I usually troll with two rods out and one I run my best plugs on it for fishing the top of the water column.

Acknowledged Tom...

Mid day at the tone is a biotch for sure

What do you think CUTBAIT?????

This coming thursday at S/TONE??????

Barring any unforseen stuff lets be there!ooooooooOOOOOOOOYAAAAAAAAAAA!

ANY BODY ELSE THERE THAT DAY??????????

TRAIL BLAZER

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast