Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: S.W.A.T. Chasing Ghosts. I Took a Couple on the Chin. Double Reports 6/2-6/3 Malibu

YFC's...Calico's and WSB...OH MY!
    Even though the WSB count was not where we wanted it to be on sunday the friendship and laughter were off the hook. The lunch was great and the table round stories were just what I needed to heal my soul. A big thanks to Arthur for always making the extra effort to keep the troops together even though the enemy got wind of our planned assault. Seemed like we scared them out of range as soon as we hit the sand. I was fortunate enough to kill the messenger/scout with the precision of a sniper. He didn't feel much though and he even looks better after the iron chef put the chilean treatment to him.

Good times for sure and I have a score to settle ....... I got owned BIG TIME but have armed myself with some heavy artillary.....Time to nuke a big old WSB !
    Last edited by bones; 06-05-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Waiting for "Part II" but can only imagine what it will bring if there is a follow up to "Part I" and the gang is still out there reporting via C=Phone!

Looks like another missed opportunity while sitting at work!

Well done for Part 1 and Part II in advance!

Steve

WOW. !!!!:

After reading your report I don't even wanna write my report lol.

As always, y'all always kill it out on the water.

I had a short window of opportunity to check out the area in the afternoon. I met up with Jonathan (Toads Only) on the water. We fished the area hard for a couple hours for nothing.. I finally got hit I wound down, felt some resistance then my just went slack I know the fish was swimming straight towards so I started winding fast. I wasn't sure if the fish was still hooked but as soon as I caught up the fish it turned around and started peeling drag fast as it swam away from me. It was a strong fish unfortunately after about a minute My line went slack F@#$%#$#... I reeled in my LC to find the front hook and middle hooks were slightly bent. I had replaced the hooks with extra wide gaps and although I felt like they held up better than the LC stock hooks they still were not strong enough to stay connected to that fish. I had to leave about a half later and Toads stuck it out but nothing doing. They're out there guys.

JerryG

Dang SWAT gets into a school of WSB. Great job on the drag burner legals.
    Full Moon = Ghost action. Sure sounds like you guys had a blast.
    DR
    Last edited by DockRat; 06-05-2012 at 06:05 AM.

waiting for round 2....

First of all AMAZING !!!

Secondly, Looks you guys walked into a ambush. Also awaiting round 2 and the counter ATTACK !!

PS ... Let me know if you guys need any back up out there

Love the show of force in round 2 ... stay on'em !!
    Last edited by Newfishsmell; 06-06-2012 at 09:33 PM.

Arthur, I think the "honey-do" decision was a good one and paid off handsomely in the long run!

When I got your intel throughout the day I knew you were doing damage on the front line and you had the "cream of the crop' there with you.

Once again you and the rest of the SWAT Team never cease to amaze me when you hit the water and the fish you brought to the beach are all great memories among Friends.

Great job My Friend and I hope to see you soon.

Way cool 2nd report!

Dang SP Dan, I didn't know you rolled like that. Recon Sniper. Hell yeah.....'03's Rah!!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast