Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capt'n and Fishyboy hit the Mid

Default Capt'n and Fishyboy hit the Mid

Last night (Saturday) my son Fishyboy asks if we could go fishing Sunday. Truth be told, I have not fished for Stripers since last year, and have not fished the Mid for Stripers since last June. But my son just turned 18, and is graduating High School next week, so whats a father to do?

We were the 1st boat in line this AM, typical breezy Mid. With no intel on colors or bait, I used colors from the past and we trolled for about 2 hours. Warmed up real nice with a water temp around 69-70. Several short strikes, but didn't bring anybody to boat. Metered fish, scattered and relatively shallow.

Fishyboy wanted to anchor up, eat, and wet some bait, so we started looking for fish in areas we could anchor. Forgot how much I hate lake lice, geez it was like we had a target on the boat! Soaked some bait, dines, worms. Caught some lil schoolies, but the bigger guys were non existent.

Somewhere around 12-1 the wind died down a bit, and we used some "dip" on the dines. Bam, the fish liked the buffet, and came back for seconds. We switched to trout type rods, as the bigger units were all waiting for T/O. On light line, and light rods, the lil guys were fun, but there was nothing worth a filet knife.

Sorry no pictures, but we have all seen the lil schoolies................

So, small to micro schoolies, but I still had a great time fishing with my son. Just feel really lucky that he still likes to fish with dad............

Interesting side note: I have fished Pyramid a lot for the past 5-6 years, always did well, and felt confident about the lake. But I take 10 months off, and it feels like I am starting over.................. Really like the new management at the lake as well................

Capt'n

All ways great to fish with family thanks for the report.

nice report! i was out there today as well, but fishing for lmb....those lake lice were terrible today...not a single f@#k was given on their behalf!
    Last edited by ZipperWurm; 06-03-2012 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ZipperWurm View Post
    nice report! i was out there today as well, but fishing for lmb....those lake lice were terrible today...not a single f@#k was given on their behalf!
    A bunch of clowns huh ? LMAO !!

I cant believe that boy is a young man now.Seems like yesterday when he was asking me how did I
    tie my knots......man i'm dieing quick!!
    Well sounds like a great outting Cappy !!

Quote Originally Posted by Hitts0n View Post
    A bunch of clowns huh ? LMAO !!!
    clowns are definetly a good word for some of them today...for instance this one guy on a jet ski comes zipping by us really close, notices the displeasure in our faces, then smiles and gives it even more throttle

When will they learn that we really don't want to watch them. They are like "wow I'll go do some tricks by these guys, they'll be impressed". NOT!

AT LEAST YOU GOT SOME ACTION ,CAUSE SOME ACTION IS BETTER THAN NONE,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Bob,

you are so right. Just spending time on the water with Fishyboy made for a good day. Maybe need to change his name to Fishyman???

Very Nice! It has been a long time since I have read one of your posts (due to my absence, not yours). I would love to see a fishing photo of you and Fishyboy "all grow'd up"
    Great report!

SFE

Hi Eric, last time I saw you was at Newport when Fishyboy and I were fishing with Steve.

This was my 1st report in about a year.

I will have to get a picture of Fishyboy and I fishing. Boy does time fly

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast