Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Big Bear Bowfishing

Was out yesterday and the wind sucked for the first 3 hours, shot about 10 fish. Wind laid down at around 2 pm and we slammed 'em for two to three hours ended up with well over 100 lbs for the day. We had three fish over 10 lbs which for me was unusual for BB.

Made it out on Thursday morning and shot from the Stansfield bridges from about 7 until 10:30 until the fish went out far and deep. Ended up with 3 in the 4ish lb range. Had a blast!

I was out in Stanfield Marsh working the weed beds and the boardwalks on Friday and Sunday. Shot 12 on Friday (one was about 10-15 pounds), and 8 on Sunday. The boardwalks are pretty slow right now. They are holding tight in the weeds, guys. You gotta watch for moving grass and wait for them to move under a hole in the weeds. Listen for that telltale sucking noise. I had one stick his mouth up through a 1" hole in the weeds to suck air yesterday...Shot an arrow straight down his throat!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Capt. Skyler "5 rods" McConahy
    Brigadier General
    BUCKET BRIGADE REPRESENT!!!

www.bucketbrigadier.com
    Chasing stocking trux and bustin capz. That's how we roll!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/group.php?groupid=32

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Listen for that telltale sucking noise. I had one stick his mouth up through a 1" hole in the weeds to suck air yesterday...Shot an arrow straight down his throat!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Capt. Skyler "5 rods" McConahy
    Brigadier General

www.bucketbrigadier.com
    Pics of them in your sink?

Catch is not considered official until the pics in the sink.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Dark "Keep Everything I Catch" Shadow
    Brigadier Sergeant at Arms

www.bucketbrigadeer.com

Still trying to get some others to head up so let me know if you're in. Early August was my thought.

set a date, I'll try to make it
    -bb

Any time before deer season starts and I'm in. Also, I was up there this weekend. Report to follow.

What say to Aug 11 or 18th? Let me know!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12