Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Pelican 12' Plastic Jon Boat

Default Pelican 12' Plastic Jon Boat

In my continuing search for a portable jon style boat, I have a deal on CL for a used 12' Pelican plastic 12' jon boat. Seller is asking $700 for the boat with a 35# trolling motor and battery.

Anyone have any expierence with this type of boat?

I need a boat that is portable, can be carried on the roof rack, and holds 500# pounds.

Thanks!

Pete

I have a 10 foot peican with a trolling motor I have thinking about selling for 450. bucks I have put a little over 500lbs in it but I wouldnt put more than 400 to 450lbs in it agian.as it sits low to the water

Thanks! Definately need at least a 12' boat, as I want to use it at Lake Skinner as well as the sierras, and Skinner has a min size of 12'.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    I have a 10 foot peican with a trolling motor I have thinking about selling for 450. bucks I have put a little over 500lbs in it but I wouldnt put more than 400 to 450lbs in it agian.as it sits low to the water

My neighbor swears by his Pelican (12'). He has a saltwater rated trolling motor (a "Great White" by Minkota) and 2 group 34 batts. I've fished Elsinore and Perris with him, you run one batt. out then switch to the other to come back to the ramp. I don't think it has enough freeboard for Skinner or DVL, they say 12" is minimum with a load.

Take a look at the Tracker Toppers they sell at bass pro shops for about 700 to 1000 bucks new

I looked at the tracker jon boats, and they just do not have enough weight capacity. The 14' jon only holds 375# people weight, and 580# total.

Quote Originally Posted by Hometown View Post
    Take a look at the Tracker Toppers they sell at bass pro shops for about 700 to 1000 bucks new

Ok, found another plastic type jon boat, it is a 12' model made by KL Industries ( http://www.klindustries.com/products...ct=08_Jon_Boat )

Anyone have any experience with this boat?

Thanks!

Pete
    Last edited by peterl; 06-08-2012 at 08:12 PM.

price seams a bit high. but i did have a 14' aluminum john boat. very tippy if you get 2 people in it. like a canoe.