Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bluegill & Redears

Default Bluegill & Redears

Float tubed this morning for 3 hours. Fishing was not wide open, but still caught and released plenty of nice fish on super light tackle and had a good time. Fished all alone. 3 other 'tubers were bass fishing and that's it.
    The female Bluegill looks almost like a crappie in this pic. That Redear took a long time to land. He would not give up!

Nice looking fish. Have they replaced the buoys yet?

nice job....hope i can fish with you one day
    Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Float tubed this morning for 3 hours. Fishing was not wide open, but still caught and released plenty of nice fish on super light tackle and had a good time. Fished all alone. 3 other 'tubers were bass fishing and that's it.
    The female Bluegill looks almost like a crappie in this pic. That Redear took a long time to land. He would not give up!

Kelster,... Nope. But, I asked the park ranger who opened the gate about the missing buoys and he said they definitely will be putting them back in place. Had a couple fishermen in a big pontoon boat with a huge outboard motor just go flying by me, full throttle! Not dangerously close, but too close to someone fishing in a float tube. I yelled at them, but they just looked at me and waved hello, so I waved back with my middle finger.

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Kelster,... Nope. But, I asked the park ranger who opened the gate about the missing buoys and he said they definitely will be putting them back in place. Had a couple fishermen in a big pontoon boat with a huge outboard motor just go flying by me, full throttle! Not dangerously close, but too close to someone fishing in a float tube. I yelled at them, but they just looked at me and waved hello, so I waved back with my middle finger.
    hahahaha Jeff....thats what I do to them to!!! Steve and I went out yesterday afternoon and caught 7 bass ...then we switched up for some pan fish fun and nailed 15 in an hour...all were 6 to 8 inches....great fun!

I wish I could have been out there today, I will be there on Sunday though. Am gonna head for the reef and stick close to shore till I get to the buoys at the reef.

SirBluegill.. That's a long kick! I got my fish at "Two Palms". You have to be out in at least 12 FOW or deeper to avoid all the grass on the bottom. Good luck! Let me know how you do..

very nice, that red ear is huge!

Nice to see ya got out to get em Fishmounter! That is an awesome looking Redear.

Hi Jeff,

Those are beauties. We were on the East side in the am, otherwise we would have come by to say hi. We did fairly well on bass with the biggest at 3 lb, 2 oz. Good numbers but most very small. It did not make a difference what size they were. It was a very pleasant morning and got windy as the day progressed. Good thing you got out at 3 hours. We did not manage finding a school of BG but did catch about 4 nice ones.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast