Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: SGR (60 fwy / Peck)

Default SGR (60 fwy / Peck)

Hello,

I hit up this stretch of the river with my 2wt....with the warmer weather I figured I would have better luck. Well...I did. I missed several, but did land a decent Tilapia. I was using beadheads and midges, about 16 - 18 inches under an indicator.
    And yes...I did release it, and when returning to my car, I doused my hands with sanitizer.

Thanks for reading
    TM27

nice catch, never know there are tilapia in SGR.

Fun catch on a 2 wt. I fished that area several years ago but didn't catch anything. Now thinking about it, it would be a great area for tenkara.

Agreed...I don't own a tenkara...perhaps I should buy one.

5. Default

Congrats on the tilapia!

excellent! really love seeing reports like these!

You know...I'm tired of hearing about that Tenkara Rod!!! So I just got the Iwana 11' ordered today as it was recommended by several on the board. Now...I'm getting tired of waiting...it's already been 12 minutes since I ordered...where is that lazy mailman?

Quote Originally Posted by Fishnfun View Post
    Fun catch on a 2 wt. I fished that area several years ago but didn't catch anything. Now thinking about it, it would be a great area for tenkara.

WTG on the Talapia,we caught some once under the firestone bridge in Downey,by Golf n Stuff,the water was about 8"deep,and the structure was shopping carts ect,it was hilarious,I put a few in an aquarium but they crap too much,so I threw the in my pond and the 8lb catfish enjoyed them!

Cya Tuna Vic