Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perris 5-25-12 Panfishin w/Kelster

Default Perris 5-25-12 Panfishin w/Kelster

Launched at 11 & 12 with Kelster around 6:30 and worked east end till the wind picked up, and let me tell ya, it REALLY picked up. Finally got off the water abput 1. Had really good action on nice size Bluegills, a few Redear and smallish Bass. I had blast and its always fun fishin with Kel, he really knows this end of the lake. Most Gills caught on BPS silver/blue jig and drop shotted natural Powerworms, with a few caught on a silver Super Duper. Bass caught on Texas rigged Robo's in heavy cover.
    all fish were released. Here's a few pics.

Someone caught a huge 20+lb carp and tied it some brush and I guess they decided they didnt want it and left it to rot, pretty sad even though they are nasty fish.

This was my guide for the day, thanks Kel

Great report & pics thanks for the info.

Nice report and pics phishin phool. I have got to get out there in my 'tube. Do you have to go clear over to the east side to catch the Bluegills and Redears? Did you guys get any fish close to the launch area? Maybe Friday I'll be able to go. I still like the Bernasconi area though.

Cool report, Thanks

It was fun fishing with you Friday as that was the third day in a roll tubing the east end. Most fish were caught across from launch. Red ears are at the far east end now. Females further out from the shore. I had a lot of double hook-ups Wednesday and Thursday, all on SD and mini jig. I haven't seen a good bite on the launch side yet.
    Caught this LMB at east end on 1/32 jig head and mini BSP silver jig on 2# Izor line. I had just brought in the blue gill on a SD and the other rod goes BENDO and I have a 15 minute fight chasing after her. She headed to deeper water and peeled apx 100' of line before I could catch up to her on the tube. I was dragging the poor BG the whole time.

Pics of BG to relate the size of the LMB, the BG was pretty big.

Picture of phisinphool in what I call "Alligator Alley"

Some of the other double hook-ups on Wed. and Thur.
    Wednesday morning:

Thanks for making Friday a fun and eventful day fishing in 20 MPH winds on our tubes.
    Last edited by Kelster; 05-26-2012 at 02:38 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by fishmounter View Post
    Nice report and pics phishin phool. I have got to get out there in my 'tube. Do you have to go clear over to the east side to catch the Bluegills and Redears? Did you guys get any fish close to the launch area? Maybe Friday I'll be able to go. I still like the Bernasconi area though.
    Hey fishmounter, like Kel said in his reply, most all gills were caught directly across from launch ramp and workin that edge east to west bout 15' out from brush, bigger models out farther. Redear are in far east end. Good luck to ya on fri.

Nice reports from both of you! Looks like a fun day fishing with great catch.

Thanks Queen, yeah it was a blast. I enjoy your reports as well
    Quote Originally Posted by The Fishing Queen View Post
    Nice reports from both of you! Looks like a fun day fishing with great catch.
    Quote Originally Posted by M@M View Post
    Cool report, Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Psych22 View Post
    Great report & pics thanks for the info.
    Thanks guys hope the info helps someone get on some fish

Nice fish guys...nice to see a crappie caught. I haven't seen a lot of those lately. Thanks for the report. Hope to see you out on the lake

Quote Originally Posted by tagg27 View Post
    Nice fish guys...nice to see a crappie caught. I haven't seen a lot of those lately. Thanks for the report. Hope to see you out on the lake
    Thats no crappie Jeff...thats a nice RED EAR.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast