Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: perris 5/24

Default perris 5/24

havent been on perris in 2 years or so... cant even remember. anyway. hit the lake with one of my coworkers to see what the bite was like. was cool to see all the east end soft cover in the water. always kinda depressing looking at the water level and remembering how full that place used to be and how clear it was.

started off in the east end with reaction baits and found fish right away. fish were holding on edge spots in 4-8'. parallel bite ticking the tops of bushes or weeds. blade, a rig, cranks, jerkbaits all caught fish. banged up 10 or so fish on a stretch and decided to leave to find other active fish and to explore. hit the trench for nada. dam breaks for nada then settled in over on the rip rap between bernasconi and rock climbers. plucked some jig fish in 12'. same size fish. lost one maybe 4 or 5. back to the east end around noon and got on the reaction fish again. fish started holding tighter to cover and baits had to be presented with the wind/current. left the biters to see if we could locate some larger fish on an island spot that used to hold giants. before i could drop the trolling motor derek hooks a donkey. started jumping and knew it was a double. i lipped it and threw it on the scale. 10.16 but the scale was back and forth. showed it at 10.21 but were going with 10.16. very nice fish.

ended the day with a ton of fish and a good time. pretty damn cool to just screw around and explore with no pre conceived notions.

here's the big one of the day.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d.jpg 
Views:	578 
Size:	49.3 KB 
ID:	35409

Nice job out there. I rented a little aluminum boat today cuz I hadn't been out in a while and pulled a lot of cookie cutters off the island by flipping. Nice fish! First time in 2 years and pull a DD.....might wanna hang out a while and find some "teen" fish, im sure you could do it.

Holy crap that things a BEAST....coworker huh, can i get a job? and where do you guys work, Disneyland?...cuz that'd make my dream come true lol

Unbelievable fish mang, you seem to have those bass dialed in no matter which lake your fishing.

Way to slay M.M., huge congrats to you and your partner!

Atta boy Derrek! Donkey indeed.

Nice Matt...I know the spot well...its where I got the 12-8. Wtg Derek !!!
    Last edited by bassgrabber1; 05-25-2012 at 09:12 AM.

Now thats a bass! Great job tearing up "old" water.

Brent

Nice toad for your friend out there Matt!! Glad you enjoyed and took time away from the Jewel. Perris is my favorite bass lake and will continue to be because of the consistant bite and size of the fish there.

Nice pig! Good job out there...

That's no donkey,that's a hefer if i ever saw one !nice job!

That thing is huge.. good stuff!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast