Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Big Bear Carp?

Default Big Bear Carp?

For you guys that have been up to big bear fishing recently, have you seen many carp showing up? I'm dying to get up there and stab them suckers. I know the spawn usually hits in early to mid june.

Their out if ya can beat the wind...

Hey, Dave. I was up there a couple of weeks ago and shot 6 from shore in a couple hours east of the cuttoff. I was working the boardwalk. I posted a report up on Jesse's. I'm going up again on Saturday. I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for the tips. I'm going to try to get up there June 9-10

Skyler, I no longer post on jesses

huh, I taught you had more posts here...

I was there 2 weeks ago, saw a couple near the pier , but my bow was out of commision,
    I should get it back next week.

-bb

Quote Originally Posted by blackberg View Post
    huh, I taught you had more posts here...
    Any posts between last November and last month were lost in the great FNN server crash of 2012, lol.

Dave, what happened if you don't mind me asking? You were pretty active over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    Any posts between last November and last month were lost in the great FNN server crash of 2012, lol.

Dave, what happened if you don't mind me asking? You were pretty active over there.
    There was a discussion on JHO about how slow the sight was. Seems a number of members were experiencing the same thing. I chimed in and said, of all the forums I am a member of, JHO is by far the slowest and by far has the most advertising, banners, logos, etc. Just putting 2 and 2 together and said goodbye.

I was at Big Bear Lake last Saturday and I saw over 50 carp in the spot I was fishing. I had my bow but every time I picked it up the carp would be out of shooting range. I took a few shots but missed. But one thing is the Crappie bite is WIDE OPEN last week.

Skyler, was that you (guy in camo) that I ran into saturday on the Boardwalk at the east end? I was with my Daughter and my Brother. Didnt think about it til afterwards that it might have been you.

Yep. That was me. I was wearing camo pants and a green shirt. Had a mesh backpack with a couple fish in it. I was shooting a compound with a retriever. You were the guy in that silver truck that parked between the bridges?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast