Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Laguna Lake for a freshwater Newb...

Default Laguna Lake for a freshwater Newb...

Taking my girl to go feed ducks at Laguna Lake in Fullerton. I've never fished fresh water IN MY LIFE.

Please help with gear/tips for catching ANYTHING. Bluegills, trout or bass

I have a 6# freshwater setup ready to go but I have no idea what I'm doing.

Any tips would be appreciated. Thanks!

Kk

I dont think there will he any trout left after that heat we had but you cant go wrong fishing crawlers with a small hook, like size 8 or 10. Under a float, split shot, c rigged or drop shot will do. Good luck KK.

Just checked dfg's website to see if they list the kitties but it's down. Maybe they're finally updating it.
    Last edited by white belt; 05-24-2012 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by white belt View Post
    I dont think there will he any trout left after that heat we had but you cant go wrong fishing crawlers with a small hook, like size 8 or 10. Under a float, split shot, c rigged or drop shot will do. Good luck KK.

Just checked dfg's website to see if they list the kitties but it's down. Maybe they're finally updating it.
    Sweet man! Thanks a lot for the input. Ill try it out and if successful, I'll post up the catch

Next week Laguna lake will get their first stocking of catfish. If I had to guess the day they would stock I would say Wed or Thurs. A can't miss bait for catfish in Laguna lake is either shrimp or mackeral. They usually stock catfish on the far east end of the lake. Start fishing there and keep moving toward the middle till you find them. Don't camp out in one spot!! If your not getting bit, KEEP MOVING fresh planted catfish are really stupid and swimming in schools. If all else fails, look around for someone who is catching alot of fish and fish near them. Hey the whole world does it to me when I get on the catfish first, let see how others like it when it happens to them. lol Good luck and I hope you catch them. FYI the limit on catfish in Laguna lake is two per person.
    Last edited by etucker1959; 05-24-2012 at 04:12 PM.

so.. u want me to bust a captian elliot from the ramblin' rose? got it.

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim View Post
    Ha! Karma got him back though

If you want to catch bluegill take an ultra light setup with 2# and some really small hooksunder a bobber. For bait just use the small meal worms or red worms. The bluegill there are really small but fun and they should be in the shallows now with the warm weather we've had.

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim View Post
    If you have the self control or pride to watch another fisherman catch 100 fish in front of you and not cast in to his spot, you are a remarkable human being. I would say 90% of all park catfisherman do not have that kind of self control. I DO but hardly nobody else does.