Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: $40 dollar Halibut

Congrats, nice fish!

Catching a bird would be my least favorite catch from the surf. I often see seagulls eyeing my lucky craft as I'm casting it. I give them a little stear down to keep them away ffom my pricey lures... lol Last thing i want is an angry bird while I'm triing to hold them down.

Quote Originally Posted by Re8elmonk0341 View Post
    When I got to the beach, parked my truck and thanked the lord for a beautiful day, another day to enjoy it, and hope to kill one of his creations today.*

It would be cool IF I'm a vegetarian, but today I'm out for blood!!*

After that fish I thought if she's there her girlfriends and boyfriends are close by also.*
    Those are some great lines there.

Good job on the

Hey douch bag thats animal cruelty you openly admitte d. To seeing if u can hit it then hook it instead u should loose more then you LC i think ur fishing lisence should be revoked for the year for improper use of your gear the only time u can defend ur self against the sea life is if its harassing u

Quote Originally Posted by headcase881 View Post
    Hey douch bag thats animal cruelty you openly admitte d. To seeing if u can hit it then hook it instead u should loose more then you LC i think ur fishing lisence should be revoked for the year for improper use of your gear the only time u can defend ur self against the sea life is if its harassing u
    Thanks for the name calling "person I don't know" but if you read my post I wasn't trying to intentionally hit the bird and lose my LC nor did I want to reel in and handle the bird. I just simply saw the bird flying in low from the corner of my left eye about 25 meters and though to myself "what if I hit this thing".

I wasn't trying to lose my brand new, just used that day LC in that manner and for damn sure I'm not cruel to animals. As a hunter and a fisherman, like most, I respect all of our resources both breathing or not.

For you to come out and say I should lose my fishing license for what I "intended" to do is ignorant and pretty immature on your part.

Why can't you just read, enjoy, and maybe learn something from the post.

Is killing the Halibut considered " animal cruelty also?

Have a great day/week, God bless you and tight lines!

And for your information, in my own opinion you shouldn't harm no animal EVEN IF it's harassing you. Of its attacking you where you're in serious danger then you can defend yourself. If its just trying to "take" your bait to eat then what harm is it to you.

Woman, children, and animals are a no no in my book!

***To everyone else, thanks for the kind words***
    Last edited by Re8elmonk0341; 05-24-2012 at 10:34 AM.

what lures do you guys use to fish shorelines ? been on charters a few times mostly a lake fisherman but i hear shore fishing is a lot of fun and would like to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisherman4x View Post
    what lures do you guys use to fish shorelines ? been on charters a few times mostly a lake fisherman but i hear shore fishing is a lot of fun and would like to try it.
    LCFM110 = Luck Craft Flash Minnow 110

That's the go-to lure for Halibut fishing from the shore/surf.

The fm110 are popular because there easy to use, I myself use a lot of swimbaits for me the hook to land ratio is much higher.

Well, to be honest it sounded in your post that you were trying to hook the bird,"man it'll be cool as crap if I can cast and hit this SoB." And you actually thought "that was pretty cool " when you did hit it. Then in your rebuttal you changed your verbage to"what if I hit this thing". Pretty easy to see why someone might be upset by your original wording.
    God's price for hitting one of His creatures was taking your LC. Not really a trade for the pain you inflicted on the bird, but hopefully a lesson learned.

HAHAHA funny post!

Congrats on accomplishing your goal for the day! But unfortunately you had to lose two LCs I guess I am going to have to head down south with a some goggles and go treasure hunting

Quote Originally Posted by daibach View Post
    Well, to be honest it sounded in your post that you were trying to hook the bird,"man it'll be cool as crap if I can cast and hit this SoB." And you actually thought "that was pretty cool " when you did hit it. Then in your rebuttal you changed your verbage to"what if I hit this thing". Pretty easy to see why someone might be upset by your original wording.
    God's price for hitting one of His creatures was taking your LC. Not really a trade for the pain you inflicted on the bird, but hopefully a lesson learned.
    Pain inflicted in the bird? Maybe I should have wrote....my line got caught up on the birds wings. As the bird was descending onto the water my line snapped! After a few shakes the bird was up and flying again without any harm and I didn't see the lure on it. I'm 90% the LC is in the water or drafted on the sand by now.

Oh and BTW great report with this vein your 1st post and all. Go get 'em and awesome pics and nice fish! Hahaha

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast