Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sunday striper-trout slay dedicated to my fallen pal feelthesteelgary

Default Sunday striper-trout slay dedicated to my fallen pal feelthesteelgary

the week started out i was going to isabella on sat but i got sick friday night and on thru sat morning ,so i layed on the couch recovering. by late sat i was feeling good so i decided i needed some striper for tacos,so everything was ready it was just get up in the morning and go. i get to lake and who do i find at the gate but trolly,he asked were the quagga station was i told him he jammed back up the road ,then in a minute he was back we shot the bull and got ready,the gate opened and we were off. we went to the bait area dropped anchors and started the slay.after a while the stripeys started to play ,we reanchored a couple times ,then trolly asked me which way shold he cast for a kittie ,and a few minutes later he got his hookup. after the morning wore on trolly was getting tired so he pulled anchor and went home . i stayed and put a limit of schoolies on the boat and two little holdovers.after a while the bite got slow so i moved out. out on the lake i ran into ftw we talked for a bit then i headed for the dam area in search of more holdovers. anchored on my spot tried some bait but no luck then i thru a thomas bouyant in rainbow pattern and it was hook up i farmed the first one which was very big but tangled in the anchor rope and lost him,the after a while another hookup and i landed a another little one. i sat thinking about the text i had got about gary and prayed for his recovery,then one of my bait rods slammed ,it ended up being a very pregant kittie so i did a quick pic and release,,,,,,i had a very nice day on the water and a couple bags of fish taco meat so i was very happy,,,,it was great fishing next to you chris i hope we can do it again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,the trout meat was bright orange and great i had one on the bbq when i got home

Quote Originally Posted by TroutOnly View Post
    the week started out i was going to isabella on sat but i got sick friday night and on thru sat morning ,so i layed on the couch recovering. by late sat i was feeling good so i decided i needed some striper for tacos,so everything was ready it was just get up in the morning and go. i get to lake and who do i find at the gate but trolly,he asked were the quagga station was i told him he jammed back up the road ,then in a minute he was back we shot the bull and got ready,the gate opened and we were off. we went to the bait area dropped anchors and started the slay.after a while the stripeys started to play ,we reanchored a couple times ,then trolly asked me which way shold he cast for a kittie ,and a few minutes later he got his hookup. after the morning wore on trolly was getting tired so he pulled anchor and went home . i stayed and put a limit of schoolies on the boat and two little holdovers.after a while the bite got slow so i moved out. out on the lake i ran into ftw we talked for a bit then i headed for the dam area in search of more holdovers. anchored on my spot tried some bait but no luck then i thru a thomas bouyant in rainbow pattern and it was hook up i farmed the first one which was very big but tangled in the anchor rope and lost him,the after a while another hookup and i landed a another little one. i sat thinking about the text i had got about gary and prayed for his recovery,then one of my bait rods slammed ,it ended up being a very pregant kittie so i did a quick pic and release,,,,,,i had a very nice day on the water and a couple bags of fish taco meat so i was very happy,,,,it was great fishing next to you chris i hope we can do it again ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,,the trout meat was bright orange and great i had one on the bbq when i got home

As usual, great slay job Bob! What happened to Gary? I don't know him, but I always enjoy his posts here at Fnn...

Pregnant? Looks worse than that.. deformity if you ask me..

Gary had a trip and fall accident and broke 2 vertebrae and severe ankle sprain.

Quote Originally Posted by cutbait View Post
    Pregnant? Looks worse than that.. deformity if you ask me..

Gary had a trip and fall accident and broke 2 vertebrae and severe ankle sprain.
    Sorry to hear that. My prayers for a full recovery. I had one of those courtesy of my Old English Bulldog a month ago. I have a shattered elbow as a result. I landed feet in the air, on my lower back with my elbow hitting the edge of a tiled step. I consider myself extremely lucky that I don't have the back injury like Gary.

If you read this Gary, here's to a quick and complete recovery bro...

Dayum me and Gary actually had plans to put on another event from you striper slayers!
    Ouch ! Is he home or in hospital.Would like to see him. OWN/ONLY thats the most prego fish
    ive ever seen in my life...lmao! Yeah I left first,then Trolly a few hours after me.No water,no food
    lack of sleep,plus I have a cold that got worst.Man I really wanted to fish !!

Looks like it swallowed a bowling ball

Awesome Fishing T.o. That catfish looks crazy! Never seen anything like it.

Gary. I am praying for a rapid and complete recovery.

SFE

nice TO
    ouch Gary, hope you get well soon
    -bb

CARPBOY THAT KITTIE LOOKED LIKE YOU PUMPED HIM FULL OF AIR,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o,,,,,,,,,,

Pumped full of something, not air!

Like Im gonna do to you if you don't whack some SA pigs soon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast