Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: quick trip suggestions?

Default quick trip suggestions?

Hi all- I'm a new member to the site. I just returned from my honeymoon in Alaska...got about 30 minutes of fishing in...just enough to give me the bug! I am planning a quick trip from the LA area tomorrow (Wed) through Friday morning. Any suggestions? Unless I go somewhere that rents boats, I will be fishing from shore using spinning tackle.
    I was thinking about driving up to Rock Creek Lake as they rent boats there and I know there's plenty of camp sites. Can anyone suggest somewhere a little further south.
    Thanks!
    TAGZZ

Default Re: quick trip suggestions?

since im horrible with directions, im assuming south is towards LA :lol: ..but theres tons of great fishing in bishop, about 30 miles before rock creek lake. intake II, south/north lake, some great stream fishing and also pleasant valley which is suppose to be doing really well right now. i know theres fishing in big pine also but ive never fished there. also, theres crowley lake (5 mins past RCL) and then mammoth lakes (20 mins past RCL).

I'm going up to Rock Creek Lake this weekend. I can give a report afterwards.

If you're thinking about Big Pine Creek, check out my report here:
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?t=5866