Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Can anyone help me out with some sana ana river info from glass road?

Default Can anyone help me out with some santa ana river info from glass road?

I would like to go cruise the stream and fish it a little i just have no idea if i should go north or south up the stream. Any info will help!! Thank you !!!!
    Last edited by christainmetalhead909; 05-19-2012 at 08:28 PM.

It doesn't really matter which way you go as long as you get away from The "easy" areas. Don't be afraid to hike. Old fashioned Velveeta cheese works really good for the stockers. Small jigs and crickets work for the browns (most kinda small). If you go downstream, past Seven Oaks, hike down below the bridge. If you don't mind getting a little wet, hike way down below the bridge and you'll find nice browns, and wild rainbows. Watch out for rattlers and nettles and have fun.

Gsweet thanks for the info man i think ill be heading down looking for some brownies!!!

Hiking down can give you the itches. The poison oak and Stinging nettles crop this year down in the canyon is off the hook. If you are sensitive to it (it lasts for up to two weeks of itching and oozing) for the oak. Much of it is hidden in the tall grasses and unless you know what to look for....getting some is pretty much guaranteed. Excellent advice on the Pacific rattlesnakes as well. This time of year, they are very active as it is not too cool or hot during the day. My suggestion is to go 3.2 miles on the river road (turn right off of Glass road) that goes eleven miles to Barton Flats area and start fishing upstream. Very few people fishing this area and it is loaded with both rainbows and some big browns. The road turns into dirt but is very accessible to the river the entire way. Keep bumping up after fishing an area until you get the highway again. You could spend 3 days along that road and not see half of it.