Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone want to fish Pyramid tomorrow, Sat, 5/19?

Default Anyone want to fish Pyramid tomorrow, Sat, 5/19?

ok, so I have a boat (19' bayrunner), and want to fish Pyramid tomorrow, but haven't fished there in years and don't know the ins and outs of the lake anymore. Would anyone like to come, who knows the lake? An alternative would be to see if TO is free tomorrow, and hire him to LEARN the ins and outs of the lake... Looking to target primarily stripers and catfish, trolling and bait.
    thanks,
    Johnny

I know about 4 spots but not the in n outs.I think Gary is going out there tomorrow.I think I will go also.
    Then night fishing at Castaic. Talk with Gary.....

spots would work. :)
    The only ones I know are the buoyline, which you can't tie to, and yellow bar. used to catch a bunch of 8 inch stripers at yellow bar.

jowo check youre email,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,bob,,,,,,,,,,

Ended up going with someone who PM'ed me here. We ended up fishing the buoy by the damn the whole day. He had a unique way of anchoring in the 260 foot deep water and pulling the anchor using a buoy/metal ring, so we didn't have to pull the anchor from that deep.

Fish bit weird; they would tap, tap, load the rod, and when you picked it up, would stay on for a couple seconds, and then spit the bait. Would have to pick up the bent rod and freespool. They would run about 10 seconds, then be there if you set the hook.

Ended up with 4 fish between us, 3 about 2 pounds, and 1 about 3 pounds. Nice day on the water, but not the limits he had gotten a few days before. Guess that's why it's called fishing!

"He had a unique way of anchoring in the 260 foot deep water and pulling the anchor using a buoy/metal ring"
    Not that unique..they work..only problem is if your in close quarters like at DVL...you need some space to get the anchor up to the buoy
    http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/T-H..._d_AR_d_1_d_DP
    Last edited by dixoncider; 05-21-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jowo View Post
    Ended up going with someone who PM'ed me here. We ended up fishing the buoy by the damn the whole day. He had a unique way of anchoring in the 260 foot deep water and pulling the anchor using a buoy/metal ring, so we didn't have to pull the anchor from that deep.

Fish bit weird; they would tap, tap, load the rod, and when you picked it up, would stay on for a couple seconds, and then spit the bait. Would have to pick up the bent rod and freespool. They would run about 10 seconds, then be there if you set the hook.

Ended up with 4 fish between us, 3 about 2 pounds, and 1 about 3 pounds. Nice day on the water, but not the limits he had gotten a few days before. Guess that's why it's called fishing!
    Did this fellow have on a fanel shirt and an outboard that doesn't tilt?

Quote Originally Posted by jowo View Post

Nice, how far deep were they biting?

No flannel shirt, it was my boat. Sorry if I missed an inside joke on that one, but I would have died in a flannel shirt. It was HOT!
    All the fish were hooked in the top 40 feet.

Seen ya out there jowo,,,,,,,,Made a pass around the island and seen a cpl boats anchord up in the deep water baiting,,,,,,,,,,,was that you by the bouy in the big almn boat,,,or the glass boat over by the corner of the dam,,,,,,,,,,,I was the 1 in the green modified john boat with the black mercury motor,TROLLING,,,with the 2 youngans with me,,,,My kids wanted a day on the water so the mid it was.

Now that i think of it ,,,i beleave i stoped for a second to ask how the bait bite was there

TRAIL BLAZER
    Last edited by trail blazer; 05-21-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast