Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1/8 Oz SwimJigs?

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT
    Do those work with spotties? Never had any luck with those or spinners, but everyone says they work.
    Yes, they do. Sometimes the bass want a little orange or red with the green or brown. If you can get it to the strike zone, and use the proper colors, spotties will attack it. Try a booyah chartreuse spinnerbait, they work! Just put in more time, and you'll get one. However, I'm more fond of soft plastics, myself.

Just use the right colors.. for eelgrass and docks, I usually prefer greens. For open sand, I prefer browns.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow
    Those Keitech swim jigs have a plastic bait holder hanging from front of the bait where you can screw in your trailer.

Now, don't know if I was just lucky, but my first cast with one of those baits, I managed a fish, but it managed to break the plastic bait holder completely, rendering the bait pretty much useless.

Just an FYI, especially if you're going after those Spotties, since they can be kinda vicious with their strikes.
    Yeah they are vicious, all right. Sometimes they'll grab your bait and just thrash it around to "kill" it. I think maybe yours slammed the jighead on a piling or rock or something hard.. You could always glue the soft plastic on so it doesn't slip. (I personally dont think the spotties care about the smell)

Quote Originally Posted by ifishtoolittle
    These will break the bank, but they are super finesse jigheads. I know they're not swimjigs but they should work.
    Those would kick *** with some 2 inch grubs!

Have you ever tryed those reebs spinnerbaits? I know the little spotties wont attack it as much but when they do its big.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I think maybe yours slammed the jighead on a piling or rock or something hard.. You could always glue the soft plastic on so it doesn't slip. (I personally dont think the spotties care about the smell)
    Smokie,

I was fishing for LMB at DVL, and the only thing the jig slammed was a fish on the first cast.

I sent it back to TackleWarehouse and they sent me a replacement, but I have yet to get a chance to break them again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12