Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: P-Line Shinsei

Default P-Line Shinsei

I purchased a spool of P-Line 100% flouro the Shinsei series. I am very disappointed in what I have experienced so far. Fished for 4 hours getting 6 solid hook sets and landing only 1. 4 times the line broke upon setting the hook while fishing plastics and once was when a bass exploded on a top water lure. The shock seems to man handle this line. Spending 10 dollars on a leader material to lose almost 20 dollars in lures has indefinitely steered me away from this line. I've never had any problems with P-Lines Mono's so the poor performance from their flouro is a shock to me.

If anyone else has experience with this line please put in your 2cent. I am open to the possibility of a bad batch but at 10 dollars for 25 yards, you would think their Quality Check would be stricter than this.

i have always had problems with pline... i just stick to seaguar...

You didn't say where the P-line broke but could it possibly be that it broke at your knots?

The breaks were occurring near the middle of the leader, my leaders are usually anywhere from 24" ~ 36". I've used double clinch / reverse clinch / palomars as my knot choices.

seaguar flouro ftw!

Damn, and i thought adding a Japanese sounding word like "Shinsei" at the end would make the line comparable to Sunline.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    Damn, and i thought adding a Japanese sounding word like "Shinsei" at the end would make the line comparable to Sunline.
    Bow to your Sensei. BOW TO YOUR SENSEI!!!

Never tried the flouro, but like yourself I love the mono. I went with seaguar flouro for my leader based on suggestions from guys here. Looks like they where right on.

i hate p line i like izorline or seaguar on all my reels.

I also had a bad experience with the 40# in saltwater. Just using it for cod leaders now.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast