Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holder schematics

Default Rod Holder schematics

Can anyone help out with some specs to build a simple pvc rod holder for my Creek Company ODC420UL? Im still a beginner to tubing, and one thing Id like to do for my tube is to build a simple little rod holder for it. Any help is greatly appreciated! Thanks!

I'd go with the Bass Pro rod holders if you can, I've had mine for 7 years now the one problem with PVC is you can't adjust the angle when kicking and sometimes that makes the difference especially when fishing open bail.

Don't have any schematics but I do have some pics of a rod holder I made for a Caddis float tube a few months back.

^^^Thats too SICK!!! Thanks a whole lot, man!!! I think Ill be able to work off of those pics!!!

And thank you too, Prowler, for your suggestion!!!

I use one of these on the side of my float tube

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Shop...t/104702/72501

On the top two holes I placed some eye-bolts and attached them to my tube with carabiners and I placed bungy cord from the bottom side onto the d-rings of the tube

I also have one of these for trolling

http://www.basspro.com/White-River-F...t/25436/104483

Not sure how mechanical you are but here is the best article you will find on a killer float tube rack. Written by the man himself....Sapdawg!!!
    http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/sho...to-quot-w-pics
    Should work ok for the ODC, might be minor adjustments, but remember always test fit before glueing
    Last edited by phishin phool; 05-29-2012 at 08:24 PM.

WOW... That was EXACTLY what i was lookin for... Thanks a whole lot, brotha!!!

FishinElectrician:

Here is my setup for a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGuy View Post
    FishinElectrician:

Here is my setup for a good idea.

I like the setup. Would you consider making one for my prowler? I have a FF still in the box and need a way to set it up. Unfortunately I'm useless when it comes to making things and to be honest i'm horrible when it comes to working with tools in general. I can do just about anything IT related, but would rather pay to have someone make a rod / FF holder if anyone is willing to make a few extra bucks.

Let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Thisfool View Post
    well after asking what people thought about different float tubes trying to do my home work for buying a new or new to me float tube i was made a deal i couldn't refuse

here is my new to me fat cat that has had the super fat cat seat put in.

now that i had the heart of the lion it was time to sharpen its claws and prepare it for war

it has two rod holders in the froward fishing position that can spin on 360 degrees on there axes, three fixed rod holders in the rear for rod storage, a net holder placed on an angle for out of the way storage but easy access on the left side, fish buddy fish finder mount on the left side and an eye bolt on both sides for attaching lanyards and stringers.

just need to add threaded connectors so that rig can be taken apart for easier storage and transport

mine is for a fat cat so mesurments wont help you but my forward rod holders can spin a 360 on there axis so in other words they are very ajustabale

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast