Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: fishing trip to the sierras

Nice pics and fish. If you didn't already, go to Jack's--the place has a great breakfast and nice skin mounts.

nice job mang, hiking up from Rock creek can lead you into some nonstop action....plus you start off at 10 and some change, cant beat that!

Sounds like ill have to stop at jack's next month when I go back thanks for the info man

good job man! looks like you guys had a great time. ive been wanting to do a weekend trip up there as well. your report just might push me to do it haha.

If you don't mind me asking what color jigs were you using>

<><
    KP

For sure man use golden Or silver color jig heads the glare just gets to them, for plastics orange, yellow if they have glitter even better. I use 2lb test (maxima) with a 2 foot florocarbon leader (seagar),these are also good i picked them up at reagan's buy a pack and the second one free,, all these work really well also i got them at BPS for like 25 bucks,,cabelas has this kit for around the same price cant go wrong,
    Last edited by Jess; 05-17-2012 at 11:22 PM. Reason: pics

Good ole trusty Trout Magnets! They have some pretty tight new colors too being sold on their website! My go to color for the E.S. is the dark green with Red flakes on the gold jig head! Thanks for the report!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12