Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New footage from security camera of Kelly Thomas beating

What really pisses me off, is the fact that his dad was wealthy enough to help support Kelly. That dude needed support man, you cant dump a schizo on the street like that.

His dad is actually partially responsible for his death. I would NEVER let my child walk the street like that, regardless of the situation.

I would have them committed and ensure they get proper care. I would bankrupt myself and go into severe debt for my child.

Birds dont live in a nest. They roost together.

Thats so horrible.

His parents tried to help him and he refused it.

whatever happened to the cops?

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    What really pisses me off, is the fact that his dad was wealthy enough to help support Kelly. That dude needed support man, you cant dump a schizo on the street like that.

His dad is actually partially responsible for his death. I would NEVER let my child walk the street like that, regardless of the situation.

I would have them committed and ensure they get proper care. I would bankrupt myself and go into severe debt for my child.

Birds dont live in a nest. They roost together.
    hey man. kellys dad has been trying to get him off the street for years. Regaurdless of how bad he wanted him of the street kelly didnt want any help. I wouldnt call him homeless as much as a drifter. He liked being out on the streets and runnin around. My buddy was really good friends with him and ive met him before. Yes hes got schitzo but most of the time you wouldnt even be able to tell if you talked to him. he was a really cool down to earth dude.

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    What really pisses me off....
    Really? That's what pisses you off?

What about the part about the cops killing the guy?

I have no respect for bad cops i just wished they could feel the *** wuppen the poor guy got? i mean poor the dude was homeless what the hell is that?? not to mention the guy was begging for mercy...

R.I.P
    k.

What comes around, goes around.
    This kind of crap pisses me off!
    Karma.....it will catch up with them!

They tortured him without mercy. I did not see anything that would have justified killing him and wonder why only two of the cops are on trial? What happened here could have happened to you, your brother, you son, someone you love. We pay these cops to be trained professionls. Swinging the baton around and stating that "I going to F you up" is not professional and indicates the aggressive mentally and what is about to occur. They were itching for a beat down.

This was clearly excessive force to the highest degree. Hope those guys get general public.

Here is my two cents for what it is worth. That could have well been my youngest son and it has distressed me and my wife deeply. Our son suffers from adult onset mental illness not unlike the innocent victim in this story.
    Because the individual is an adult and as a parent there is nothing you can do to get them help unless they are a threat to themselves or others or they agree to treatment. In police lingo a 5150 (extreme mental case) and then only a 72 hour hold. Due to the laws on medical privacy a parent cannot even talk to or get a medical report from a doctor without the patient’s permission. State mental hospitals are for the criminal mentally ill and they are overcrowded, with most going to the general prison or jail population.
    Most often paranoia is also a symptom of the condition and they do not trust anyone and question everything they encounter. Unfortunately they cannot comprehend the difference between the vividly imagined and the real. There is no medical cure, only medication to reduce the symptoms. Often they will refuse to take the medication or the medication has to be changed often as it no longer is working. The medication cost in the thousands monthly, ask me how I know.
    Our son is in a group living home with others that have mental condition’s, these homes are few between and are hard to get placed into. Often their behavior is such that the home turns them out into the street.
    My wife is a past director volunteer with NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness) www.nami.org
    If you have or know someone that has a child with a mental illness please refer them to NAMI as they have the resources and people to help them cope with having a family member with mental illness.
    The police in this case were just wrong in their actions. Every officer knows the people on his beat, the victim was no stranger. They acted like a pack of feral dogs. When the first officer for whatever reason let things get out of control the others got the smell of blood and joined in. Second degree murder should be the charge and they should be found guilty, no less/no more. Rant over.
    FYI:
    Schizophrenia
    Because the illness may cause unusual, inappropriate and sometimes unpredictable and disorganized behavior, people who are not effectively treated are often shunned and the targets of social prejudice. The apparent erratic behavior is often caused by the delusions and hallucinations that are symptoms of schizophrenia. Along with medication, psychosocial rehabilitation and other community-based support can help those with schizophrenia go on to lead meaningful and satisfying lives. A lack of appropriate services devoted to individuals living with schizophrenia has left many improperly placed in jails and prisons without the help they need.
    Schizophrenia is often mischaracterized as an untreatable disease associated with violent behavior and many untrue and unfortunate stereotypes have developed. Most individuals living with schizophrenia are not violent; risk of violence is associated primarily with factors such as psychotic symptoms or substance abuse. Even then, violent behavior is generally uncommon and the overall contribution of schizophrenia to violence in a community is small. When engaging in treatment, schizophrenia is a manageable disease. The varying nature of each case though means that recovery for every individual is different.
    Like any other illness, schizophrenia can often have a profoundly negative effect on a person's life, on their families and on their communities if not addressed. Suicide is a serious risk for those with schizophrenia, occurring at a much higher rate than the general population. However, the risk of suicide can be greatly reduced through the use of medication.
    Getting an individual to take medication for his or her illness is difficult, especially when the person does not believe they are sick. Studies have shown that the majority of those living with schizophrenia do not believe themselves to be ill. This lack of awareness, or insight, is known as Anosognosia.
    Last edited by DEVOREFLYER; 05-09-2012 at 09:08 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast