Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Ronnie Kovach R.I.P.

Default Ronnie Kovach R.I.P.

I read on another site that he passed away on Sunday.
    Robert
    <><

Indeed robert......

I had a chance to see him at turners for a seminar about 4 months ago...good stuff....my condolences go out to his family RIP Ronnie Kovach you will be missed!!!!!!

Tony g

Sad to hear that. Condolences to his.

At what point are you such a celebrity that your death is mentioned on the news. My girl and I have that discussion all the time. I'm wondering when Bill Dance passes, will his death be reported on the news? Does he constitute that recognition? Me and my girl are at odds on that one.

Oh man, he was a real presence in the general sport of fishing. I watch his show all of the time. Never met him in person but could tell he was genuine. RIP Ronnie Kovach.

What a bummer! The fishing world lost another good guy. RIP Ronnie Kovach

He was definitely a West Coast Fishing Legend. One of few who focused his attention to our productive fisheries we have on the West Coast. I will certainly miss his show. R.I.P. Ronnie...

RIP Ron! I have his book Salt Water Fishing in California in my hand at this minute. I enjoyed his efforts and information and still use it today. Bummer, but I am sure he did his thing and had a great life good for him.
    Bill

RIP, thanx for all those great shows and knowledge u shared with us

i went on a couple of his overnight tournaments. he would get sponsers to up a ton of gear and give it all away on these trips. no tackle boxes only rods were allowed and he supplied all the gear. a grab bag of assorted hooks, plastics and jigs. i have known many a sportboat locals but we were fishing one day. most of the guys were having a so so day. the fishing just wasn't great. the mood was very somber and not much excitement.a few guys set their gear down and were chewing the fat. you guys know how it goes.
    around 1 pm ronnie comes out and starts on like "guys! we got a couple of hours left. what are you guys doing just sitting around. he proceeds to pin on a bait and make a drop. the whole time egging the whole boat on like we are in a hot bite. in 2 drops he pulls a legal ling and the largest red of the trip. by then the whole boat is pumped and we finished the day in a flurry.
    the thing is ronnie never used bait on these trips. he had a couple of guys from aa plastics that he would try new stuff with. all day long they would pull prototypes out of their sacks and drop them on bass rods. those 2 drops were the only time i saw him use bait.
    he was the real deal boys. and a genius in my opinion. how many guys get paid so well for fishing with their buddies.

Bummer. Listened to his show for years.
    Tuned in this Saturday before hitting the water at Irvine Lake and they had his family on.
    Will be missed.
    RIP and prayers to his family.