Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 19lb 12oz Brown out of PVR today 5/7/12 - HOLY COW!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by flytyingreloader View Post
    No fervent disagreement with your points, Smitty. As originally stated, I'm certain that you and your business community have a much better and more accurate take on the trout habitat situation than I do. A lot of the waters containing brookies show fish that are stunted, so they probably don't need help--not if browns are sent in to trim their numbers back. (That's news!). Browns serve another purpose--to cater to the more masochistic end of the trout fishing fraternity, those that love being ignored enthusiastically by a species far less evolved than we are. :)

I might be over-simplifying the matter, but I've never met a trout I didn't like. All their species are precious to me. Now, the monster out of PVR needs a few upgrades--bondo, re-paint, and a buff-out......but it's still a trout, at the end of the day. Call it a "restoration".
    Kinda wish there was a like button on here.....

Ya, the Browns have been strategically placed in certain areas to help thin out brookie populations. They're typically in the 2-3lb range when stocked and carried by packers. I know they put in a bunch at Loch Leven and Dingleberry in our area seven or eight years ago. Little Lakes Valley is another place where they have tried this....hasn't really helped much but there are some submarines swimmin' around :)

One of those "Los Angeles-Class" brownies would thrill ya soundly on 3-weight fly tackle, I'd bet.

That's one nasty looking trout.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra_Smitty View Post
    ...That fish is eating very well....
    was eating very well...

Dear god, that thing is ugly as hell.

Looks like it's been feasting on 12 inch trout.. Toss some HUDDS!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234