Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Im new to Ocean fishing need help!!!!

Default Im new to Ocean fishing need help!!!!

I'm new to Ocean fishing and I want to take my kayak out to the Ocean and fish. I work off of the 405 freeway and Sunset, and I would like to go after work and wait out traffic on Fridays. My friend isn't familiar with that area so we need some help!!!!!! He has rods and reels and tackle but we need a location to fish. I found Las Tunas and Topanga on the internet but don't know if its goo fishing. Please help!

Fishing in your kayak? I would try the Fishing in a Bay first to get the hang of it, before hitting the open ocean. Good luck wherever you decide!

Lucas

I have gone out on the ocean before and launched from the surf, just don't know where to fish

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Dunev View Post
    Fishing in your kayak? I would try the Fishing in a Bay first to get the hang of it, before hitting the open ocean. Good luck wherever you decide!

Lucas
    X2
    Hit MDR or Redondo for a trial run to get the feel.
    Pass on hitting the waves first time.
    DR

http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?...SoCal_Maps_GPS lots of good info if you read the southern calif saltwater section on the main page of this site http://fishingnetwork.net/index.php?pageid=scsalt
    Last edited by MonsterGuppy; 05-03-2012 at 08:02 PM.