Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sierra opener 4-2012

Default Sierra opener 4-2012

Well just got back from our annual camping trip..every year is a blast and this year was even better.. we surely had tons of funs with many memorable moments.

hope to go again in a few weeks grinning

well I really didnt take much picture this time..well atleast nice serene ones.. was more of being a tour guide for a buddy of mine that went with us for his first time.. he and all of us surely did not want to come back..

here are some pictures for sharing..

choice of ride this time was my buddy uncle tony aka Da General Tundra.. darn thing eats 3x more gas than my wagon that i took 4x up there last year.

left the house around 2am to get to our usual trout farm by the time they open which is 8am to feed the fish.. and plus to have enough time for fishing at the sand trap and local waters there before they open.

feeding the fish

this time we met a new DFG.. think his name is ?? ahh i forgot.. he was pretty nice and educational specially for the kids. very polite , he gave us buckets of fish food to help feed the fish. Hope to see him again when we go up there

some of the frys, different sized in different bins and location

could you see em.. man there were some big ones,.. specially the ruby reds looking one that I think he said came from germany

[hr]

setting up base camp at Pleasant Valley Res. its our usual.

in front of us is where we actually saw a UFO at the middle of the night

one of my favorite fishing spot, at pleasant valley res. down below the edison plant, lots of wild trouts there. ocassionally have some huge large mouth bass and sac perch too.

Road to Pleasant Valley Reservoir.. so many fish were caught easily there too..just night crawlers floating on a bobber.. youll catch em instantly..

Vincent catching his first brownies.. nice one isnt it?

and his first lizard and he wanted me to cook it! i'm REALLY lost

kids having fun making some smores at the fireplace...ooh I repeat.. please do not throw the propane bottle in the campfire..ahhaha someone actually did.. and just after kids finished their indian dance.. tony said let there be lightning ..and the camfire exploded..cuz he didnt knew he threw a propane bottle in with some cardboard that it was wrapped in as trash to burn..

breakfast is served... got spam, got chinese sausages, got eggs, got bacon.. and cant go out without rice.

Road to lake Sabrina, south lake, north lake, and intake two

here is the entrance to lake Sabrina.. cant believe the water was that low.. its the lowest that ive been there, for about 4 years now

a pic of Intake Two.. plenty of fish there but most were unusally small?? nice to see alot of locals from SoCal that was up there too!.. hope to see them again yearly.

our first stop was our usual... Lake convict, Fishing was superb!.. they bite with every cast..so it was very easy to get your limit within an hour.

but mostly we fished the owens river right after every lake we hit.. and every place we stopped, I always ended up with catching plenty of fish.
    here are some of the locals that was fishing the rivers

here is when you could say MOOOOOOVE!!

and this lil one was getting ready to charge us..hahha

some more pics of the Owens river

Nice!!!!! great times with the kids.
    Thanks for posting with all the pic's

Awesome trip mang...im sure the kids will remember for years to come...pics made me feel as if i was there. thanks for the report, cant wait till the weekend!!!

Great weather, good fishing and having the kids enjoy the outdoors. What could be better. Thanks for the excellent report from the Sierras. The kids looked like they had a wonderful time.

Great to see the kids enjoying the sierras. There is no better way to get them infected with the fishing pox.

UFO? More likely something cool from Area 51 or China Lake NWS.

Wow this is a nice report! thanks for all the information
    I havent been there but now i plan on going haha

looks like an awesome trip man! i hope to get my lil bro up there soon

Quote Originally Posted by flytyingreloader View Post
    UFO? More likely something cool from Area 51 or China Lake NWS.
    any may say what they want.. believe it or not.. it does not matter.. for what we saw was very unusual.. just imagine.. what would you say if you saw a star that was moving around eradictly??

If you havent you surely need to be out there.. many places to see, plenty of things to do, tons of fish to catch... lots of great people.. and most of all.. All that ive been there, I have never ever had a bad time.. even a day where I snapped two belts on my car.

Love it out there, the peace and serenity you get you cant buy anywhere... cant wait to go again.. last year I went 5 x.. every month .. from opening of the Sierra to the last week the kids getting back to school for the next school year. All the times I went.. I careless who could make it or not.. as long as I have my two sons with me..thats all it matters. And yes, they do enjoy it greatly, you could see the smiles on their faces.. and yup they got the fishpox.. love to teach em all I can when it comes to Fishing

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast