Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Flourocarbon fishing line!

Default Flourocarbon fishing line!

I currently use 4 & 2 lb berkley vanish and vanish transition. i like the lines but i have been reading reviews and i have heard that they are terrible. what is good flourocarbon that is under $20 a spool. u usually spen about $13 for a spool of 250 yards. something in that ballpark. thanks for the help *Jbfish*

I have always used berkley clear vanish from 2-12 pounds all of them work great.

You get what you pay for. Vanish and Vanish transition have very poor knot strength, period. I've used all different kinds of fluorocarbon lines and have found that for the money, Seaguar Invisix works the best for me in most applications. You can get it for under or right around 20$$ for a two hundred yard spool at Last Chance B&T or order it from Tackle Warehouse. I was in Sports Chalet the other day and they had a sale stand that had Seaguar Tatsu fluorocarbon on sale, they had 3 spools of it on the display for $14.99 a spool, 2 in 8lb, and one 10lb. Those normally go for $35.00-$45.00 a spool. I bought all three. And referring back to what I said before, you get what you pay for, this line is killer for what I use it for. Sensitivity and knot strength are off the charts, it's much thinner in diameter, and is very supple. I use the 2 and 4lb Invisix for Trout fishing.

As with all fluorocarbon, when tying the knot, you must wet the line and cinch it down very slowly so you don't "burn" it in order to obtain maximum knot strength, if not, it will break...

I like vanish... some ppl hate it.. I think ppl dont put it on the reel correctly IMO. To much tension can be a "reel" bad thing.

seaguar invizx all the way. It is a lot of $$$ though. It's one of the softer more limp lines with less memory as far as flouros go.

As you will learn as you spend more time on fishing boards there are a lot of Berkley hater's out there and the Berkley products are solid products(think Power-Bait)
    I've used many over the years some were way ahead of there time Vanish is a good line I use to use it, I now use the 100% Fluoro and this is now the only fluoro I use now, for the money spent it is far better than some of the pricier lines available don't let the haters tarnish your thoughts your using a good line although there is a couple that are better your doing just fine.

Fastfish
    Last edited by Fastfish; 01-20-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: Grammar

Quote Originally Posted by Fastfish View Post
    As you will learn as you spend more time on fishing boards there are a lot of Berkley hater's out there and the Berkley products are solid products(think Power-Bait)
    I've used many over the years some were way ahead of there time Vanish is a good line I use to use it, I now use the 100% Fluoro and this is now the only fluoro I use now, for the money spent it is far better than some of the pricier lines available don't let the haters tarnish your thoughts your using a good line although there is a couple that are better your doing just fine.

Fastfish
    It has everything to do with experience and nothing to do with hate (WTF???). I have used Berkley's 100% fluoro many times, it's just as expensive, or in many places more than Seaguar Invisix. But it's much thicker, much stiffer, and has boatloads of memory too boot. But it's knot strength is definitely improved over the Vanish line. Discounting people who give advice when asked for it by calling them haters because they feel a product is inferior to another is rather petty...

Sunline Super FC Sniper. Occasionally you can get a 200 yd spool for less than $20. I've got a healthy stash of 5lb spools.

Also how do you guys feel about line conditioner. Does the spray really work? What kind is the best?

berkely triline (4lb) was on sale for 5 bucks today at my walmart

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast