Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fishing Lake Arrowhead, Tips?

The stream beds they inundated with the dam ARE public lands. The law of trespassing could not be applied in the first place, and the public would have to have reserved easement rights according section 25. Not saying I could care less either way. I wouldn't risk it for a couple of fish. But my time in the Sheriff's Academy did give me a decent skill set when it comes to interpreting laws. So I enjoy arguing loopholes, lol. If you guys want to risk it, feel free. I know I wouldn't.

BTW, you could access the lake from the road at the east end without crossing private property.

The snooty ALA pricks have turned me off to Arrowhead. I gladly drive the extra 1/2 hour to Big Bear. But...that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyler View Post
    The stream beds they inundated with the dam ARE public lands. The law of trespassing could not be applied in the first place, and the public would have to have reserved easement rights according section 25. Not saying I could care less either way. I wouldn't risk it for a couple of fish. But my time in the Sheriff's Academy did give me a decent skill set when it comes to interpreting laws. So I enjoy arguing loopholes, lol. If you guys want to risk it, feel free. I know I wouldn't.

BTW, you could access the lake from the road at the east end without crossing private property.
    Well, my current employment in law enforcement (18 + years) begs to differ. Look, I don't work for ALA and I'm not in support of them. I have a working knowledge of the area, and all I'm saying is that there is no way around it. Unless you drop from the sky into the water, you can't help but trespass into that lake. That's life guys. Contact the Twin Peaks Sheriff's office and discuss it with them. All I was trying to do here was attempt to keep some people from a headache. The rich and famous of Lake Arrowhead pay a lot of money to have their private paradise. You want to challenge them and trespass for some good fishing? Geez, go to Big Bear.

Lol. I never said I wanted to sneak in and fish it, nor did I advise others that it was good idea (I seem to remember stating the opposite). I was just discussing some theoretical loopholes/grey areas. Be safe out there.

5. Default

Exactly. They settled the case to keep it quiet and prevent further case law from setting precedent. Though I don't think the streams that they dammed to make that lake traditionally held fish, so that may null F&G 5943.

I wish that lawsuit had gone all the way through. It's the San Jacinto River, so maybe it at least held trout. Maybe eventually someone will take this through the courts again. I'll definitely be watching for it, be it Arrowhead or Canyon, etc.

there are huge bluegill there just off the docks.. You're freaking lucky to be able to fish here, take pics!

Lol. I never said I wanted to sneak in and fish it, nor did I advise others that it was good idea (I seem to remember stating the opposite). I was just discussing some theoretical loopholes/grey areas. Be safe out there.
    You sound like my great grandson.

Your skill as an angler and a hunter makes you someone people look up to and emulate on this forum. Now that you carry a badge....the "public behavior and what you say in public " bar is set a bit higher. You not only represent the agency you work with but the profession. I can only imagine your reaction on the street when a jail house lawyer starts in with their analysis of PC and constitutional law on why you shouldn't hook them up.

If there is no statute broken or a constitutional right was broken to obtain the evidence, I wouldn't make the hook. Even the worst public defenders would end up getting them off anyway. A lot of guys have a hook em all and let the DA sort it out mentality. I'm not one of them.

Lol wow this went way off topic.

Yeah, this thread is officially derailed. My job is done here, lol.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast