Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fishing Lake Arrowhead, Tips?

Default Fishing Lake Arrowhead, Tips?

I'll be staying at my friends place in Lake Arrowhead next week. For this current temp and month, what kinds of fish are biting? Trout? Also any techniques or lures you think work well? I may try to float tube or kayak fish as well.

I heard there is salmon there too, anyone ever catch one?

Thanks!

I only have one tip: Bring me along!

if it was my place, i would invite anyone! however, it's not my place...

Well this time a year the small mouth should be in beds by now or soon. For samon you need to troll the mouth of emerald bay to the pump house. I also recall as a kid going out on one of the long docks at the condo's by village bay and catching samon with a silver spoon lure. For trout depending where you go a long 3ft leader with bait of choice seems to work. I hope your friend has lake rights because it is private and they will ask for proof. They got that placed pretty locked up now since I lived there. If you wanna have fun there are massive size carp in the village. No sinker and a Mcdonalds french fry with small or no sinker and get it past the ducks

Go to the sporting goods store in the Village, they are great guys and very helpful. Good luck, love Arrowhead!

Sorry to inform you...no more kokanee (landlocked sockeye) salmon there. However, you will find awesome smallmouth bass fishing. Look for for spawning flats for the smallies. There is also a great population of largemouth bass and crappies too. The trout fishing will be good, as the ALA stocks trout. There are good numbers of nice holdovers too. Chances are you will be checked by the ALA for proof of residence or guest status. And don't be fooled by the lake being private, as far as fishing licenses and state regs are concerned. You do need a fishing license and must abide by state fishing regulations. The DFG patrols there.
    Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by flyhigh123 View Post
    I'll be staying at my friends place in Lake Arrowhead next week. For this current temp and month, what kinds of fish are biting? Trout? Also any techniques or lures you think work well? I may try to float tube or kayak fish as well.

I heard there is salmon there too, anyone ever catch one?

Thanks!
    Oh, you will also need a white flag attached to your float tube while fishing. Make your own or get one from the ALA office near the launch ramp and Hardin Marine. Make sure you have Senkos to catch the smallies. Drop-shotting nails 'em too!

Thanks for the tips!

My friend owns a lakefront house so his backyard is the lake. :D

I'll probably be fishing from his dock most of the time, but I am considering buying a float tube so i can float tube fish that area.

i've fished it a few times and caught small mouth but i wasn't really into fishing back then. Now that i've got the bug, i want to maximize my time there.

I fished arrowhead last summer and we killed the trout on garlic worms. Most we 2+ lbs too. I got one on a kastmaster and no love on powerbait so if you got for trout, consider bringing worms...

if people look hard enough, you can get on the lake in a tube with no probs. :)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast