Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Carp question

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle B View Post
    that video made me want to try it......but it seems like less work to beat them over the head a few times and throw them in the bushes
    lol thats what I have done

I advise against throwing away carp like that. You'll get a nice fine for that. Desirable or not, they are game fish, and wasting a game fish is illegal..

Chunk it up for kittie bait!

Quote Originally Posted by smokehound View Post
    I advise against throwing away carp like that. You'll get a nice fine for that. Desirable or not, they are game fish, and wasting a game fish is illegal..
    I'm not throwing it away.

I'm just marinating them in dirt overnight, hoping that the raccoons and coyotes won't get to them first.

I guess like most fish it's all about preparation,I know alot of people who say bonito and barracuda are only good for fertilizer,I have a couple of friends who felt that way until I made them some and now they love both species.

Cya Tuna Vic

I guess it's illegal to use em as kitty bait either,unless u are talking bout some real kitties

Quote Originally Posted by StroBao13 View Post
    I guess it's illegal to use em as kitty bait either,unless u are talking bout some real kitties
    Are you saying it's illegal to use them for "catfish" bait? They work great as chum after being fed through the grinder.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
    I'm not throwing it away.

I'm just marinating them in dirt overnight, hoping that the raccoons and coyotes won't get to them first.
    I can totally see how that would probably improve the taste of them!

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    I can totally see how that would probably improve the taste of them!
    On a serious note, I was actually told by someone that if you place carp in a bath tub for 3 or 4 days with clean water, it 'cleanses them,' and they don't taste as bad.

Now, call me silly, but if I have to forgo taking a bath for 3 or 4 days because there's some nasty fish swimming in my tub, isn't that enough reason to assume carp aren't the best tasting fish?

Or soaking it in milk? Why not soak it in sugar and spice and everything nice and cook it that way?

Just wrap them in bacon; The only meat that makes other meat taste better.

Quote Originally Posted by LGHT View Post
    Are you saying it's illegal to use them for "catfish" bait? They work great as chum after being fed through the grinder.
    That's exactly what I'm trying to say.Ive asked about using freshwater fish as Catfish bait,but people are telling me it is illegal,check out the dfg regulations.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast