Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Tradition Big Bocaccio and Reds 4/28/12

Default Tradition Big Bocaccio and Reds 4/28/12

This is a Tradition report for Saturday, April 28. The good rockfishing continued with some big bocaccio up to six pounds and reds up to four pounds, along with other miscellaneous rockfish. The bocaccios love a good, shiny diamond jig about 6 or 8 ounces, and that’s what nailed a lot of them on Saturday. I usually fish a diamond jig with a shrimp fly teaser to simulate a bigger fish chasing a smaller fish. The reds and other rockfish were taken on the cut bait. You don’t want to glob the squid on your hook. You can catch even the big reds with a long, single strip of squid.

The rockfishing has been excellent this season and at the same time we’ll be looking for signs of barracuda – hopefully it won’t be long! Stay tuned…

JJ, have you heard of any other Salmon caught in SMB ?
    Thanx DR

Those are some nice taco meat there.

lol DR after that Salmon report you've gotten more giddy than a little kid at a candy shop.

Quote Originally Posted by DockRat View Post
    JJ, have you heard of any other Salmon caught in SMB ?
    Thanx DR
    No reports that I have heard besides the one caught on the Special. I know up north the Pacific Islander caught one recently. A few years back the Sum Fun out of Dana Point caught and released a smaller one at the kelp off San Onofre. Wonder if we'll see any along the kelp in the bay?

Great report Jimmy, the Cuda are headed this way, Ensenada the week before, San Diego over the weekend, Newport next? Or will they flash on by straight to SMB, we'll see. Good job! Where's your Pic of the big Boc caught on the Diamond Jig, saw it on 976-Tuna, I thought?

Hook up!
    Cory