Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: Dreamer Charter San Clemente Island 4.28.12-4.29.12

Default Dreamer Charter San Clemente Island 4.28.12-4.29.12

Got to Pier-point landing at about 7:40 and waited for everyone else to arrive. While I was waiting I overheard a conversation that the Bay Bass were biting full speed. I glance at the water and I was like NO WAY. The reason for this was the water was full of debris, oil, and well crap. Well being the type of person I am I decided to give it a try. I took out some of my freshwater bass gear and tied on a 1/4th ounce lead head and put on a 3inch sexy smelt. Started casting and by the 3rd cast --BAM--. Up came a bay bass, had to be 2lbs. 4th cast BAM BASS, 5th BAM BASS, 6th MACKERAL.... Well after some fun with swim-baits I decided to stop as a crowd was gathering watching me, I'm shy so I stopped lol. Tried to take out my phone camera but I dropped it and It broke (Well I thought so but later found out that I didn't turn it on!) The crew assembled at about 8:30 and we left for San Clemente We got there at about 11ish? Tried to make bait and got 5-6 good scoops. Off to sleep went. I woke up late as my friend came running down telling me the SEA BASS ARE BITING THE SEA BASS ARE BITING! I'm like OH **** jumped out of my bunk, hit my head, grabbed my boots and rushed full speed onto the poop deck. Came up and looked into the cooler and I was like, What the F*CK? In that cooler stood a lone sheephead..... to my dismay they were all trolling me. Well we had no luck and left the kelp beds with a few calicos and sheepheads. Went into Pyramid Cove? Not sure if its it though but saw a spectacular show of Apache helicopters sending in Laser Designated Missiles onto targets on the mainland. Lots of smoke and looked like Iraq. Looks like we really are heading to war with IRAN! Well sea bass clearly didn't want to play today so we moved out into deeper water for rock fish and shallow-water sheep head. Slow fishing and cold water suppressed the fish from biting full swing. Overall we still worked our asses off and came back with limits of rockfish and calicos. Here are some of the pics.
    Last edited by MasterFisherYY; 04-30-2012 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Pic did not post?

Good effort guys, bummer on no WSB, glad the squid floated!

Hook up!
    Cory

Wow,seems like it might of been better to stay at the dock and pull on those feisty Bay Bass,Ha,just kidding,that must of been something seeing those missiles,reminds me of a ride home from a day of fishing out of Redondo,it was a day or two after the L.A riots started,heading east on the 91fwy,my son and I look towards L.A and saw plumes of smoke coming up from different fires,it really looked like war.
    Thanks for the report,hope you get those WSB next time.

Cya Tun a Vic