Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morning Battlescars

Default Morning Battlescars

Gentlemen, I've been hanging out over at SCSF for years and recently found this site. You guys are impressive to say the least. Made it out for an early Friday sesh. Here's the report.

O.C.

Tide: incoming through peak

Water temp: nice and warm- mid 60s with nice clarity

Salad: a few floating barges- easily dealt with

Wind- a surprising chop on the water for as early as it was

Gear: Phenix- Acid Sith Lord Special / CV-X203

Lure: LC FM 110 Metallic Ayu

Upon arrival the wind was already kicking up. Structure was looking very nice however.

Today's weapon of choice. Some nice battle scars, considering I stopped and picked it up on the way this morning.

Within a few casts the action starts. There was a nice grade of BSP looking for a fight. This is the top contender. These ones were very impressive, especially the spirit they attack the lure with.

Not far up the beach I get a subtle pickup. Set up on the fish and she takes off on a nice drag run with strong head shakes. The right kind for sure. After a short fight she surrenders and slides up onto the sand.

She has such a nice smile!

Finished the quick photo shoot and sent her on her way to come back and face me again.

The tools used to do the job.

Arthur and Lucas, Thanks, I took your advise and had the Phenix wrapped for me. Absolutely love it!

Was a very fun few hours this morning.

See you guys out there...

WTG on the legal butt.

And nice set up!

Hi ya Sith Lord,

Congratulations on that beautiful 26"+ legal Hali! WTG!!

What a sweet outfit....I find that...if you really like it and trust it....it will just add more confidence to each of your sessions!

Thanx for the fun read with pic's!

SP Dan <"))><

Welcome to FNN

Great looking Hali and tackle ... I'm liking that smile shot !

looking at your rod. the guides seem to be not straight

Nice fish i like ur setup too but why are your guides like that?

Thanks for the compliments guys. It's actually designed that way. Called an Acid wrap, or Spiral wrap. Eliminates rod twist when under load (on conventional rods there is a natural tendency for the line to try to wrap to the bottom of the blank, causing twist). I am a believer, the 1st fish I landed was a 40" wiggles. This is by far the most comfortable set up I've ever used when fighting heavy fish. Also the guides keep the line from touching the blank whatsoever. Results are smoother and longer casts imo. Here's an article that describes it in better detail.
    http://www.acidrod.com/acidrods.html
    I hope to put it to the test against some big butts during the upcoming run. Looking forward to it.

Rob

Wrapper on acid ? Weird.

Welcome to FNN.
    DR

Welcome to FNN! Great job on the legal. I was down south this weekend myself. Lotsa of chop in the morning like you said. Glad you worked through it and scored!

Don

Thinking about those offset guides that it may not cast as far as straight guides.
    You would think it add resistance ? Thoughts ?
    DR

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast