Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: have a tube now i need a toon!!!!

Default have a tube now i need a toon!!!!

ok so after going fishing with the pontube crew I have got to get me a kickboat!!! I want to get one that has a place where I could stand up if needed but I'm only looking to pay 400 to 450 for it maybe 500. 400 would be better s thatd I would have 100 left for a trolling motor!!!!!

I've looked around seen a few, I was looking at the odc 819 I think its called but I haven't found one with a place ii could stand up on??? I know your had one ron but that pontube is also 800+! lol

is it possible to by a decent toon and make a place o stand? I'm good at fabricating and I would be able to weld something up..... also I want it to be able to mount a trolling motor and a fish finder for water temp and depths

any ideas or toons I hould look at would be helpful! thanks in advance guys

Hey Matt, is that ODC boat that was for sale ( lighttheskys friend ) allready gone? That was a good deal. Anyway you can make a standing platform fit most of the boats that have a decent frame. Take a look at mine and I'm sure you could weld one up pretty easy. It's just thin diamond plate aluminium. Get you some. :thumb:

ya I know I pm lightthesky about it I told him I want it if its still for sale but I haven't got a answer back yet.
    well that's good to know that I don't have to buy a toon with a plat form, I know I could fab one up.

lol once I saw you fire up the trolling motor on your toon it was like love at first site! lol I gotta have one :lol:

Wish I had a trolling motor on mine the other day. It was a good 45 min-1 hour row to the spot. I'm extremely sore.

Yah man, I used mine for about 6 months without the motor and it was cool but nothing like life with minn-kota.

lol,
    that motor hauled you in the toon and all 3 of us on our tubes right back to shore in 5 mins!

Quit making me want one! I'm still paying off that new reel :lol:

Matt, they have one for $399 down at BPS. It's a red Fishcat model. I almost bought it a while back, but transporting in the S2000 wouldn't work out so good. :cry:

That sure was pimp though how Ron could stand up and kick the trolly motor on just like a bass boat. 8) That thing could get up on plane! :lol:

I'm so bummed I didn't have enough battery power in my camera to get a picture of that. That was fun. Lets go again, I need a photo

I was too busy hangin' on and trolling a robo to be able to take a picture :lol:

Image one of those motors on my FC4! :shock: Still havn't figured out how I'm going to accomplish that yet though..

Something like this will do it
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... rchResults
    But the price on those are crazy. Might just cut down a Min Kota

Dude that thingamajig SoCal posted on Matts thread about a tube with a motor might work. I'm thinking about the one that looks like it attaches to any tube

Yeah, I don't like the idea of the extra tube though. I'm trying to sew a hacked up motor to the fishycat or somethin'. Wish I knew how that one guy at perris did it! If I had one of those motors I'd be figuring out a way to modify/install it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast