Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: looking for lightest 8ft. trout rod

Default looking for lightest 8ft. trout rod

Looking for lightest 8ft. trout rod but with in the light-medium to medium power. All suggestions welcomed.

Back in January/early February I found an 8ft Light Shimano Clarus at Turner Outdoors in Downey. Before I bought it I did some research and I don't know why, but I couldn't find any 8ft Clarus Light rods anywhere on line... though I didn't look that hard. I went back the next day to make sure the rod didn't say ML on the handle, but nope it was rated light. They had two of them and I took home one.

Been using it at the beach for perch and it's been nice. You can cast 1/4 oz a mile if you want to and 1/2 oz almost to Japan. Great sense of feel, and enough back-bone to handle perch up to 14" pulling with the surf.

Hey checkout the Okuma SST trout rods... Nice IM-8 blanks... And super light. I think they make 6', 6'6", and 7' models. Pretty inexpensive too.

If you're really looking for the lightest trout rod, I would say to go custom.

youre not going to get a light rod in medium action at least not compared to any of the ultra light action ones

You're looking for a custom rap if you want the lightest. Off the shelf will get you close but not quite there.

BBCustomRods.com from Bob is a good way to go. He made me a wonderful rod rated 1-4lb from an 8' Shikari 804 blank. The thing is fantastically responsive and with fuji guides is wonderful to cast etc. Its great for jigs, lures, etc.

I think he may have another Shikari blank in stock. Should run you 200$ or less. Tell him I sentcha =)

I want one, too.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryAgent View Post
    You're looking for a custom rap if you want the lightest...
    Here's a custom rap!

(to the Tune of Ice Cubes "Bop Gun")

Two-thousand-twelve

Much more bowee owee ownce

Chico tryin’ shave a halve ounce

light line tangled like a hot mess

gotta get a long rod that weighs less

looking for tip on a trout hole

now your B-banging ‘em with your new pole

Flash light, red light we don’t like Wardens on a bike

Just made bail tonight

So, watcha gonna do when ya get outta jail?

I’m gonna have some fun with my light one

...Santa Fe Eric could probably do this better, but he's probably fishing...

thanx for all your suggestions. looking at the Phenix Elixir (FX862-2) 8'-6" ft.. curious, anyone have this rod?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast