Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: 04/20-04/21 New Hustler Overnighter

Default 04/20-04/21 New Hustler Overnighter

First, I wanna say Thank You to Capt. Chris V and his Crew on the New Hustler for an awesome trip which I most definitely will come back and fish with and book a yearly Charter with these guys. Great hospitality, really cool people to be around and the best part is the "Capt Puts You On Fish!!":beerchug:

My buddy hit me up a week or two before a trip that his company was gonna charter (LKQ) out of Hook's Landing on the New Hustler. Never fished out of the Oxnard/Ventura area but let me say Im probably not gonna go rock fishing anywhere else locally, Im from the La/Oc area.

Got to the landing about 9:00pm Fri night, we were one of the stragglers as most of the people were on the boat already, picked up some nice Dines from around the corner and was on our way by 10:00pm on the dot. Capt Chris V said we'd be fishing San Miguel Island and we had a nice cruise over there. Started fishing about 7:00am, the first drift produced some nice fish but as soon as the bite slowed the Capt moved to the next spot to drift. At each new spot it seemed that the fish got bigger and bigger through out the day.

I was looking to catch my first legal Ling and I must say my PB just kept on becoming my PB. Fishing was pretty much WFO!! I managed to land maybe 13 Lings had 5 legals and I kept, from my standards, 2 Toads and switching out my smaller ones. For awhile i wanted to stop catching Lings, how often do you say that, and wanted to start landing some Big Reds and Chuckle's. The fish were on the chew that day and were eating everything, even when i dropped a Lucanus looking jig down fish were just smashing it.

Jackpot Fish caught by B

I think the boat got its limits by noon or pretty damn close to it on everything, Lings and Rockfish. Started to head home around or about I wanna say 2:00pm. Everyone had a good time and a blast catching fish. Till the next Trip :rockon:

Thanks again to Charter Master Todd for setting the trip up and the Capt. Chris V., Second Marshal, Deckhand Ryan, Bob in the galley and Conner for helping on the New Hustler out of Hook's Landing for a dope trip.

Home food

nice to see Nick slaying the fish.